New firmware released - 2.4.1 beta / 2.4.2 beta

• 2.4.2 here, no issues. Skipped 2.4.1 entirely.
    I'm using the s/pdif and i have to say the difference between 2.4.2 and 2.4.0 was minimal if any. Maybe it's only on main outs? Maybe i'm just not playing my 'usual' profiles enough nowadays.

Anyway, about 37 seconds to boot! Shaving 15 seconds is impressive from a technical standpoint, and more importantly, it's that much shorter that turning the Profiler on is now a casual action.
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    I might be imagining things, but it seems that switching rigs in browse mode is faster as well. Weird.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• 2.4.2 here, no issues. Skipped 2.4.1 entirely.
    I'm using the s/pdif and i have to say the difference between 2.4.2 and 2.4.0 was minimal if any. Maybe it's only on main outs? Maybe i'm just not playing my 'usual' profiles enough nowadays.

Anyway, about 37 seconds to boot! Shaving 15 seconds is impressive from a technical standpoint, and more importantly, it's that much shorter that turning the Profiler on is now a casual action.
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    I might be imagining things, but it seems that switching rigs in browse mode is faster as well. Weird.

2.4.2 NO issues so far.
    Old boottime: 71 secs
    New boottime: 47 secs! :thumbup:

• Im at 2.4.1 only so I can use the RM.

That's not true, you can use also 2.3.3 with a previous RM beta, everything is explained already in this thread.

I don't understand the hassle here, we're still talking about a BETA-version.... if you want to be on the safe side (like I do), use 2.3.3 with the RM beta (it's working fine) and wait for the official FW-update. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Yeah the short boot time is interfering with my pee break. Typically I have time to do that and flip a few switches, but I hear it coming on mid-stream. Really annoying.

Can the Kemper Team put a parameter where we can set the boot up time and raise it to 1:10 at will? ;)

• Disagree strongly with one thread for numerous firmware releases.

Me too. After having had to search among the pages to find where the discussion about .4.2 had started, I'd consider much more useful to start a new thread for each beta/release. This way, when a FW version is abandoned (u.e., when a new release is published) all the old stuff can be easily left behind, but will nevertheless stay there for future references/comparisons.

While at first I had appreciated Peto's initiative, I have to say that now I see some drawbacks :|

• Hi Quitty ,
    One question for you and for all the rest of the guys here .
    After you start up KPA with amazing boot speed and then browse the rigs with even more speed, lets talk about the sound.
    My humble assumption is that you , after playing with on/off buttons on KPA , you finally plug your guitar and play it for a while.

OK, in summary, up to date, we checked the amazing boot speeds, browsing speeds,we spent 3,7 hours with rig manager ...
    Suddenly and after hours and hours of enjoying our KPA digital possibilities, we decided to plug the guitar and we strum that bloody analogue thing with 6 strings, fabricated out of wood , some metal parts and and some stupid ,20th Century analogue electronics .
    The purpose of that funny instrument is to play some music and to express our selves , on some different way than we express our selves via selfies and facebook comments.

Now, please do this:
    press cab button and hold
    it will take you to cab menue
    from left to right =high shift , low shift, character, volume .etc...
    All the parameters should be on Zero (0) position .
    While strumming your favoured chord or single tone on your precious guitar, please increase Low Shift Parameter button to the right .
    First in very small increments, and put it to the end, to the right end, to the value of +5

Now tell me what did yo hear during that exciting journey from 0 to +5 in the Low Shift Cab button?
    Explain the sound.
    Does the sound going more bassy, more thick ,more deep as we have to expect it from increasing LOW cab shift ? Or something else happen ?

Now do that again, but this time turn the same button to the left , from 0 to -5 value.
    Does the tone get tiny, flat , without meat , without bass -as we have to expect if decreasing LOW shift in our cab .Or something else happen?

Until waiting for your , and other guy's (preferably Moderators here , they might like to try it at home , and then to report to KPA head quarter , I suppose ) who dare to play they guitars through KPA, answer ,
    Cheers,
    Zoran
    :thumbup:

.2.4.2 here, no issues. Skipped 2.4.1 entirely.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().

• I hade some time today and did following things:
    - update auf 2.4.2 beta
    - erase non-favourites rigs: 80 rigs (instead of 800)

Result after short test:
    - Kemper start time: 35 sec
    - I switch the rigs in the browse mode with Liquid Foot 12+ (3.30 FW): Switching is faster! I like it :) But I do not know the reasons: FW or less rigs or both
    - tested only few rigs: sounds as usual

So far, I like :) Next test will be rehearsal tomorrow.

• I'll play I think your talking about that scratchy artefact that develops moving towards higher values.

It's a good point to make and have fixed. Why have parameters with unusable ranges. But then there's that saying, perfection is achieved at the point of collapse.