Kemper PowerRack doesn't cut through the mix.

• Hi
    I've noticed that I tend to use much brighter profiles for live situations. And most of them were profiled with same guitar cab that I'm playing them through.
    If you haven't done a profile yourself yet, I can only urge you to try. Your taste, your sound habits and your guitar might just be different from the "mainstream" and you might need to capture your sound first, to make the kemper as usable as your traditional rig.

For example: I wasn't too impressed with most of the quite dark sounding factory presets, so I tried if a profile of my Marshall DSL100 head would have the same "weaknesses" that I supposed the kemper would have.
    I'm so glad I tried that when trying the kemper first, cause I wouldn't have bought it with the factory sounds I knew at that time.
    The KPA changes heavily with the profiles you use, totally different than any other modelling device on the market.
    L6,Vox,Zoom,11R all have their sonic fingerprint that you can't get rid of no matter what you adjust - BUT the Kemper simply does NOT have it's distinct fingerprint and that's the real beauty of the beast IMHO.
    It sounds your way, you just need to make it to. 8)

BTW The last time I switched on my tube heads was when profiling them... :thumbup:

René

• I use a 2x12 Framus guitar cab with Celestion Vintage 30.

anybody use kemper in a 5 members band. Share your sounds please

I'm playing in a 6 members band (male & female singer, 2 guitars, bass and drums), and my profiles work quite well for me. Even with a Behringer 205D personal monitor, I have no issues to cut through against drums, bass (Warwick ProFet 5.1 - 500 watt) and our other guitarist (Marshall JCM 2000 -DSL 401 - 40 watt).

If you're interested, I can upload my rigs to rig exchange tonight.

• Firstly, tanks to everyone for yours recommendations.

ReneLangenhan - I haven't done a profile myself yet. I´ll do it.
    Like you, I ´m not too impressed with most of the quite dark sounding factory presets. For live situation we need brighter rigs.

klassiker - Please upload your rigs, thanks so much. I´ll taste it and tell you about it

I think that we´ll share our live rigs.

• ive never yet used my kemper live for this same reason ! there is no resolution unfortunately. i've tried full range speakers,several power amps through guitar cabinets but nothing seems to help. when put up against my marshall jmp's or 5153's the kpa cannot compete live. the kpa was designed for the studio and thats where it reigns....
    still one of my best purchases ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to tell Trivium that :) they use the kpa live everytime now.. and recorded their last album (cab free and direct) with the Kemper..

there has to be something Christoph Kemper can tell you... these things are being used live by so many pro's now..

good luck man :)

(Trivium - Brave This Storm (AUDIO) ) search that on youtube to hear it and the live versions

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• Besides the pros, many users on these forums (who might be pro, for all i know, lol ^^) use their Kempers live.

Pretty sure you can do it, no reason you can't if you can with a POD or GT or something else :whistling: