Tips for a new Kemper Power Owner

• First, I would like to say hello to all you fine people across the globe. I am in the U.S. and have an un-open Kemper Powerhead on my kitchen table at home. Later this evening, I am going to plug into my Dr. Z 1x12 cab with a Celestion Creamback. Let the fun begin!

I am sure there are some helpful threads for some good first tips. I have been scouring your threads and read some excellent suggestions and advice. I know if I am going to power a cab I need to turn off the cab sims. If there are any tips, suggestions or "make sure you do this first" type of advice I would welcome the information.

I have used some really nice gear over the years. I could never warm to any modeler (I know this isn't a modeler ;) ). I sold my Tone King Imperial 20th Anniversary for this Kemper. I see there are some Tone King Imperial rigs just calling out my name :D . I also have a home studio and recording gear so I will be using both avenues of the Kemper glory.

I anxiously await any tips, links or helpful advice. Cheers to all!

• Your results might not be up to expectations on most profiles, because you'll be running a preamp into a preamp, pretty much. But if you listen to those profiles using a pair of headphones, they'll sound much better.

I'd suggest you try out the DI profile pack put out by Kemper for use with tube amps. Also, go into the FX return of your Dr Z, not the front input. It'll sound much better.

• As far as I understood a passive Guitar speaker is used. Therefore I would Use the cab at the power out of the Kemper. In the outputSection "MonitorCabOf" should be checked. For general Sound adjustments I would use the Output EX of the monitoring section. But es Ingolf said the most important thing would be to enjoy and have fun with the new setup....

• Just wanted to give everyone an update about my new Kemper PowerHead.

First and foremost, "THIS IS NOT A MODELER" :D

I have owned almost every modeler brand except Fractal Audio. I can tell you with 100% certainty I was NEVER able to achieve with a "modeler" the tone that I can get with the Kemper PowerHead plugged into a good cab. The closest I came was with the Line 6 DT25/HD500 combination. I could get some good tone from that Line 6 Combination of HD500 and DT25 amp, but it still was not in the Kemper class of tone. I was never able to get a useable FRFR tone from any modeler that I could live with as compared to my tube/analog reference point.

Having just owned the Tone King Imperial I was curious to know how close I could dial it in as I had a Celestion Creamback cab which was the same speaker as the Tone King. I am please to say that the tone from the Kemper + Cab was just glorious. I feel as though I not only re-purchased my Tone King Imperial but many other gold standards of tube tone amps. I was able to dial in many classic tones from Van Halen, Slash, Hendrix with just the factory rigs. I did this in just a matter of minutes with each rig. Yes, I got very familiar with the Kemper literature prior to arrival so I had a good (not great) understanding of navigating around. Well, I was so pleased with my Kemper I went out and bought a new 2x12 8 ohm 150W cabinet with Creambacks. Also purchased the Behringer FCB1010 with Eureka Prom 2. I had owned this pedal for my Eleven Rack and it is simply the best value out there by a LONG shot for a MIDI pedal. Well built for the money and the Eureka Prom makes it so easy to set up.

The Kemper has met and exceeded my expectations as of this moment. Have yet to run it through my Mixer and/or studio monitors, as I am having too much enjoyment plugged directly into a cab.

Now TAF is in my sights to add some new sonic splendor :D

• I play my Kemper Powerhead at home last weeks with Creamback Cab too and like it very, very much.
    I would recommend it to everyone that like the classical "tube amp in the room" feel :)
    At the discount day I bought vintage pack from TAF and love it with Creamback :)