Looking For Midi Footboard

• Hey guys this will be my first post in here and I'm super excited about it.

I just recently got my KPA and I'm absolutely in love with it. I've been messing around with a lot of the rigs and even got some performances in mind. I'm in the market to get a decent MIDI footboard for it. I'm not sure exactly what the standard controller is for the KPA, or what you guys prefer to use. So far, the best one I could find on my own is the VooDoo Lab Ground Control Pro http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vo…ler-104657481-i1124746.gc
    I've watched a couple videos and it seems to do everything I want it to. So my question to you guys is do you have any experience with this particular MIDI controller, or is there another one you use that you're satisfied with?

What I'm looking for is something with 8 buttons so i can individually turn on and off all my effects, as well as a bank up and down button to switch between full profiles quickly, a loop function would be amazing if it exists (i'm thinking about syncing it all up with my Ableton Live9 for some cool stuff).

Anyway, let me know what you guys think, should I go with the VooDoo Lab or are there any better MIDI controllers that I might have missed?

Thanks in advanced! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Welcome Arthur! ;)
    Until Kemper brings their own controller later this year the FCB 1010 with the UnO4kemper chip is the best interim solution by far.
    Search the forum, there are many threads about it.

"later this year" ... Ingolf, is this something that we can count on? I'm looking to get the FCB 1010 with the eureka chip but if we are sure kemper has their own FC coming for sure this year I may wait. It seems any time frames in the past have all been speculation.

Duesenberg CC Fullerton, Heritage H535, Guild Starfire 4 ST, Fender American Standard Strat and Tele, Taylor 816CE, Fender Precision bass, Suhr Badger 35 Amp Head, 1x12 cab w/Scumback M75, 1x12 cab w/Celestion G12m-65 Creamback, Fractal Audio Systems AX8, 2 DXR10's, Kemper Profling Amp, Presonus Studio One 3 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 8Pre, Vox AC15, Vox NT G2 and more pedals than I should own.

• The Ground Control is great but without expression pedals you are missing so much that's cool about midi. I also like having the all in one housing option rather than getting a Ground Control and adding expression pedals to it, much easier and safer. I use the Roland FC300. I did have a FCB1010 but found the expression pedals were too close, if I had to jump on one or the other quick I kept moving them both, not good on stage. Not sure if there's more of a gap in the Roland but I rarely miss with it. I'm also tossing around the idea of adding a FC200 to my setup and leaving it in CC mode. Having 3 expression pedals and 12 CC messages would take care of anything I'd need to do to a profile live.

• Awesome, thanks so much for the advice. I'll look into the FCB some more. As far as the KPA board thats supposed to be coming out this year, is there any detail as to what that board will be capable of doing? Like what are we supposed to expect?