Rocktron All Access/Midi Raider

• Hi, does anybody use one of the big Rocktron controllers with the KPA?
    Who has experience with the Rocktron remote mode, that works with the Prophesy, Piranha, Taboo Twin and Multivalve AFAIK.

What Information does it transfer from the device to the controller?
    Preset titles, effect on/off states, anything beyond that? Tuner or Tempo maybe?

Did anybody investigate how it works?
    Which MIDI commands are used.
    I've asked Rocktron already if they could provide me a full description of the remote feature, but they said they don't have anything beyond the manuals. :cursing:
    I'm thinking of programming an adapter for the Rocktron controllers to the KPA with all remote mode advantages, but don't really know if it's worth the effort. :huh:

What do you guys out there think?

René

• Ok here's a little update. 8)
    I've finally figured out how the rocktron remote communication works - thanks to a friend for borrowing me his prophesy preamp. :D

So... would anybody else be interested in an adapter which would make it possible to display the rig/perfomance names, stomp box states and the tuner on the All Access/Midi Raider display and LEDs?

AND I've found a way to address up to 600 performance slots (120 performances), if anybody's interested?

René

• Hi Rene...Michael's here from Italy. but I read you are from Nuernberg. actually my father is from Nuernberg. believe it or not I passed many summer's in Nuerberg, over to my grandma house.

enough with sentimentalism!.........

I use the all access and am happy with it. first thing it is so sturdy and robust which is a must on stage. second, it has the metal switches, robust as well.

I have managed to program it so that I change the programs in the kemper having the all access split into 10 program change and 5 instant access swtich. so from 1 to 10 I have the profile change, and from 11 to 15 I assigned them with FX and utility on the Kemper. for instance: I have at 11 the delay on/off while at 15 the tuner on/off. in addition I hooked two expression pedals to the all access jacks so that I have wah and pitchshifter pedal.

I say at present time I cannot ask for more because I have everything I need when playing live.

sure, if I would have the display show some additional data I would be happy but I think being the rocktron an old device it cannot dialog with the kemper. but I can be wrong here, being a bit beginner on MIDI communication.

take care

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Rene....I realize this is an older thread but I am giving a lot of thought to getting a Midi Raider and would be very interested to see what solutions you have come up with to organize the Performance Mode Slots

• I need!!!!

It´s possible??

Thanks!!