KPA Remote Control / Editor Software - Big Update!

• I've updated quite a bit with the Editor that I have been working on. The download link is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcm6…%20Editor%20Prototype.zip

Current release notes:

Keep in mind that this is a pre-beta release and there is much work still to be done. Between my full time job, family and musical endeavours my time to work on this is limited. Still, please feel free to use this app and provide me with any feedback via email at [email protected] or on the KPA board (user jifgriff.)

A lot of hard work has gone into this, even at this early stage. I'm giving it away for free and do not expect any form of payment for the software. Having said that, if anyone feels they wish to donate "to the cause" you can make a PayPal donation to my email ([email protected]).

On with the show:
    The file for the software is currently located here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcm6…%20Editor%20Prototype.zip
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This software is licensed as Free Software in accordance with the MIT License as follows:
    Copyright (C) 2014 James Griffin

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knob user interface elements are courtesy of the AuSharp.Knob library.

** IMPORTANT ** If you are copying newer files over an existing instance of the app, either save or do not overwrite the following files as these contain presets:
    presetsbin
    delayPresets.bin
    reverbPresets.bin

Version 0.1.x Built on 5/26/2014
    CHANGES
    Moved MIDI Devices to menu.
    Added save/delete icons.
    Added preset management for just about everything.
    Stability enhancements.

KNOWN ISSUES
    Knobs are still a little wobly due to delays between setting and getting MIDI data from the KPA

FIXES
    Fixed a crash that would occur if the midi device was lost wile the app was running.
    Fixed an issue where the frequencies for the GEQ could not be completely seen.
    Fixed an issue where the graphic EQ would not set correctly for presets.

Version 0.0.3 Built on 5/20/2014
    CHANGES
    - Midi Thru will now pass stomp parameters back to a pedalboard if so connected. *** I've tested this with the FCB1010 and Eureka! prom. Can anyone test with an FCB using the UNO4KEMPER or UNO mod chip?
    - Removed defunct sliders for wah, pitch and volume.
    - Moved device selection to a more appropriate place on the window.
    - Removed defunct Get Rig button.
    - Removed noise gate, clean sense and dist sense for now. The KPA does not appear to respond to the documented NRPN messages or sysex commands.
    - Added Tuner button
    - Added Tap Tempo Button
    - Added Beat Scanner Button

Version 0.0.2 Built on 5/15/2014:

- The interface is bland and ugly. :) Sorry... I will improve this as time permits
    - Currently this is Windows only. It's been tested under Windows 7 & 8. I'm not sure that it will work with older versions of the OS, but feel free to try.
    - The software requires .Net 4 to be installed in order to run. You can download this here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us…oad/details.aspx?id=17851
    - General Usage:
    - I haven't created an install program yet as it is far from complete. Still, you should be able to edit everything that has a midi definition from here. I basically started working on this so that I didn't have to reach over touch the amp as much.
    - To install, unzip the contents of the zip file into a folder and run the file named KPA Editor.exe. To make launching easier, create a shortcur to the file on the desktop.
    - Once open, use the drop down boxes to select the MIDI device that is connected to your KPA. Once set these should be remembered so you don't have to do this every time.
    - If you have a pedalboard you can also use the MIDI Thru drop down to select the input where this is connected so that the program will pass on midi messages to the KPA. RIght now this is only one-way communication to the KPA. This is useful for expression pedals and turning stomps on and off, but the stomp status is not currently ready from the KPA back to the pedalboard.
    - Note that even though the status is not sent back to a connected pedalboard, the interface itself updates the status of the KPA twice a second so that should always be accurate.
    - Once the MIDI options are selected, click the button for Open. This will start the polling process and continually read the current settings of the KPA.
    - After the MIDI options have been set once and the program re-opens, communication should begin automatically.
    - To toggle things on and off, simply press the yellow and grey buttons. If an item is on, the button will be yellow.
    - Changes made in the interface are sent up to the KPA.
    - Changes made in the KAP are read back into the interface.
    - To edit stomps and effects, click on the colored or grey outline surrounding the appropriate button. This will pull the current effect paramters into the middle panel on the interface.
    - There is a working preset system. In the upper right corner of the center panel you will see a drop down with the current presets. These are NOT automatically read FROM the KPA. The presets that are currently there I created by hand based on what was in my KPA when I initially built the software. To select a preset, simply select it from the drop down. To save a preset click the button with the "S" on it. To delete a preset click the button with the "X" on it near the presets. Eventually the letters will be replaced with icons.
    - Only parameters that can be sent via MIDI are included in the editor. Because of this you'll still need to use the KPA for selecting specific cabinets and amps.

KNOWN ISSUES
    - I know this is buggy as hell. lol. I'm fixing things as I discover them, as as time allows. The day job gets in the way! ;)
    - The buttons at the top for the noise gate, clean and dist sens are not working yet.
    - I don't have an editor for user scales yet. That is on the todo list.
    - You'll also want to continue to use the Rig Manager to select and preview rigs. No real way around this at the moment.
    - The Stomps, Stack and Effects buttons under the specific stomp, amp and effects buttons do not currently work correctly

PLANNED CHANGES
    - Rig buttons
    - Import and export of presets
    - UI Graphics overhaul
    - Re-order stomps
    - Performance section editor