KPA overwriting slot #1 with slot #4 in performance mode

• This used to happen a while ago, and now started to happen again with 2.4.1, haven't tested 2.4.2 yet.

To replicate, select a performance with all 5 slots filled, edit #4, press "store" 3 times and sooner or later you'll notice that slot #1 has the same rig as slot #4. Haven't tried with other slots besides #4, but this one was the one that used to overwrite #1 when I noticed this bug for the first time, a few firmwares back.

• so I'm wondering if you're using and FCB controller? The reason I ask is, I noticed around 2.33 or 2.4 that when in Performance mode, when switching between performances, the controller always gets reset to slot 1; always. So if you're moving between performances and then editing and saving... boom you're changing the slot 1 rig.

I can't stand the rig change to slot 1 and mentioned it in an earlier thread, right after it changed. I like to stay on my slot and move between performances; now it's two steps to change to the next performance.

anyway.. getting side tracked but you get the drift I hope.

Gettin' funky up in here..

• so I'm wondering if you're using and FCB controller? The reason I ask is, I noticed around 2.33 or 2.4 that when in Performance mode, when switching between performances, the controller always gets reset to slot 1; always. So if you're moving between performances and then editing and saving... boom you're changing the slot 1 rig.

I can't stand the rig change to slot 1 and mentioned it in an earlier thread, right after it changed. I like to stay on my slot and move between performances; now it's two steps to change to the next performance.

Interesting observation, my problem could very well be related to this as I frequently edit performance slots navigating through them with my MIDI footswitch (in my case it's a Lexicon MPX-R1).

• Messing around with my performaces I saw that as well. Strange thing: The wrong preset name was shown but the sound was right. After switching to another set of performances and back everything has been fine. 2.3.3

Edited once, last by TomR ().

• DukeOURL, the MPX-R1 is a nice controller... kind of. The switches are fragile and start to fail in a very short time, their quality isn't the best either - spring activated microswitches. When I have the money I'll get myself the Rocktron MIDI Raider, seems to do everything I need.

Also a quick update: 2.4.2b still shows this annoying problem.

• The exact same thing happened to me back in 2.1 or 2.2. I found slot 1 saved in both slot 1 and 4.
    Couldn't recreate it, though, so i never bothered opening a ticket.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Hm. I just had the case that the preset in Performance mode was not named properly. I had to set the name again based on the Tags. Something strange my happen there. Will have an eye on it. Still on 2.3.3

+1

• I am getting the same here with my FCB1010 with uno for kemper eprom. It is a bug I hope they fix with the next firmware update cause it's really annoying.

• Happend to my kpa short before a gig too, was very pissed off, cause if i don´t check the Performances rig by rig, you´ll be very evil suprised when playing a gig an you want a clean channel and get a distorted one :cursing:

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• Happend to my kpa short before a gig too, was very pissed off, cause if i don´t check the Performances rig by rig, you´ll be very evil suprised when playing a gig an you want a clean channel and get a distorted one :cursing:

What firmware are you on, ??? I've never had this issue at all on either of my KPA's and I use a FCB with the uno4kemper fitted. Have you sent a backup to support