TAF's "Morgan Duel 40": one of the best profiles I heard !!!

• I recently bought TAF's "Morgan Duel 40 ", the profiles are brilliant and one of the best I ever heard. Many of us know the "famous" Morgan AC 20 from Rig Exchange (rmpacheco), if you like this profile you will love the Morgan Duel 40, beautiful clean and crunch tones and much more variety, try it out !!!

BTW: I think the amp is called "Morgan Dual 40" and the "e" is a mistake, must be this amp .

I prefer to play both Morgans with strats and teles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• The Morgan Dual 40 is the first thing I purchased when I got my kemper.
    It has a big transparent sound.

The first profile I really liked when I heard the KPA rig packs was a free Amp Factory Morgan Dual 40,
    after taking the effects off and some tweaking it sounded very nice.
    The next profile I liked was the Morgan AC20 from the exchange.
    Buying the Dual 40 was the next obvious step.

• The Morgan Dual 40 is the first thing I purchased when I got my kemper.
    It has a big transparent sound.

I like the clarity of the profiles, especially the clean and crunch ones, the first thing I did was to reduce the gigantic reverb.... ;)

With a little bit of tweaking the profiles sound excellent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hi Andy.I'm a part-time caveman and a fan of your work.

Lately I'm enjoying the Vintage pack 63 Vibrolux a lot.
    Clean, pushed and full profiles, with or without treble boost all sound beautiful.
    I like that it doesn't sound stiff at all, as if the beating of the speakers and transformer through the years makes it sound relaxed.
    Or maybe vibrolux amps just sound like that, I don't know.
    In comparison I feel most fender amps are very tight and spanky, which is nice also but more common.
    Is there a similar sounding amp in other bundles?

• I like Reverb too, but not as much as Andy likes it :whistling:
    But, guys, you must try his Reverb in Pack 8 , the best, most natural, pleasant Reverb ever .
    This time the cave is not going all the way underneath of the Rocky Mountains , but looks more like a small , comfortable cave for say dozen of Neanderthals guys:P

That amazing, Pack 8 Reverb is worth the price of each profile by it self !

Guess why I locked it, no more another Reverb on my KPA , that's it :thumbup:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• @ Rescator: Please be so kind and share this reverb setting. I know these are bought profiles but I hope it's ok asking only for the reverb setting. What's your opinion, Andy?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• But, guys, you must try his Reverb in Pack 8 , the best, most natural, pleasant Reverb ever .
    This time the cave is not going all the way underneath of the Rocky Mountains , but looks more like a small , comfortable cave for say dozen of Neanderthals guys:P

You're absolutely right, the reverb from pack 8 is excellent, it sounds warm and smooth, I just reduced it a bit. :rolleyes:

Kempermaniac: if you buy singles from pack 8 you'll get the same, nice reverb and some brilliant amps, too. I strongly recommend Redplate CDS3 and Marshall JTM1, for sure the rest of the pack is great, too.

• Andy-ee-ee-e Likes-suh-suh-uh What-ut-ut-uh?

I like most of his choice of reverbs. I do tend to turn some them down a tad, but not by much.
    Only ones I don't care for is the Matchbox, but he rarely uses them, and it's because I don't care for the Matchbox reverb at all.
    So what I do is lock a reverb from one of his other profiles and then save it onto the profiles that use Matchbox.

I keep wishing that the KPA had a proper Spring Reverb so some of them, especially the Fenders, could have them.
    My Holy Grail was one of my favorite pedals with my Tungsten. And I didn't like the Reverb in the Swart AST, so I used it with that too.

I'm going to have to go back and play with this Morgan 40 though.

It's kind of been off my radar, so Thanks, Guenterhaas!!

• Hey Kempermaniac ,
    I would like to share because Reverb 8 is so good, but it is not my work, sorry.
    Only Andy can do that, his work it is.
    Some guys really have talent to play with Kemper parameters, that's it .
    This Reverb is an example of how much I don't know about Kemper, which is exactly 2 years in my possession.

@ Rescator: Please be so kind and share this reverb setting. I know these are bought profiles but I hope it's ok asking only for the reverb setting. What's your opinion, Andy?

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().

• Andy is the guy ! OK then , I will share it wit a pleasure during a weekend.
    (in the case I forgot , please remind me ..)
    Cheers,
    Zoran

• Following polite Kempermaniac request .
    From left to the right , Andy's Reverb from Pack 8 is going something like this , and sounds fucking good :
    Mix : 12,9%
    Delay + Rev Balance : 12% (this can make a difference, be careful ;), what I am doing is to switch off any delay) )
    Time : 6.6
    Dumping : 2,3
    Pre Delay : 4 ms
    Bandwith : 2.0
    Frequency : 2.4
    Ducking : zero
    Volume : minus (zero )
    Why do I like this Reverb so much?
    It remains me on rehearsals I had with my band in old days (say in the middle of 70's ), in our small ( and only one) City cinema /theatre hall.
    Some seriously big and thick curtains was hanging on the stage , making our sound , which started as big , to suddenly finish its journey and to vanish in those vampire red curtains ....I've learn thing or two about room Reverb,reflection and curtains damping effect during that time....
    Enjoy :thumbup:
    Cheers,
    Zoran

Edited 6 times, last by Rescator ().

• HALL