Question for Les Paul Owners

• I have an opportunity to trade a 1972 Epiphone acoustic guitar for a 2014 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro 2 (only available in US at Guitar Center or Musicians Friend). 8o

https://plus.google.com/u/0/ph…oid=102385542845985326590

My friend has decided to switch from electric to acoustic guitar playing. The Epiphone is in amazing condition and 40 years have given it Martin like tones.

The LP is only a few months old and in mint condition. Im pretty stoked to make the trade . But thought I would touch base with you folks.

Is anyone familiar with this model? Any thoughts?

Edited 5 times, last by lasvideo ().

• I should have included these with original post.

Les Paul Traditional Pro II '60s Neck Electric Guitar Specifications:

Body: Mahogany
    Top: Carved maple
    Back: Mahogany
    Neck: Set mahogany
    Neck Profile: '60s
    Headstock: Angled
    Scale length: 24-3/4"
    Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
    No. of frets: 22
    Nut width: 1.69"
    Inlays: Trapezoid
    Binding: Antique
    Bridge: Tune-O-Matic with stopbar tailpiece
    Tuners: Locking Grover
    Hardware: Chrome
    Bridge pickup: Super 57 humbucker with push/push coil-splitting
    Neck Pickup: '57 Classic with push/push coil-splitting
    Electronics: 2 volume with push/push coil-splitting, 2 tone (1 with push/push to activate boost), 3-way toggle pickup selector
    Knobs: Vintage Gibson top hats
    Pickguard: Period-correct
    Case: Hardshell
    Other: Plek setup

• Nice :)

That's the problems with the Kemper. You stop looking at amps and FX pedals and start looking at guitars instead :whistling:

There is so much truth to this that I can't stress it enough! I have bought 3 guitars already this year with number 4 coming in July.

And by the way LAS.....pics or it didn't happen!

:)

• Sorry, I dont have a camera and my cell phone is just a phone (for motorcycle emergencies).

So.... I guess it didn't happen. :)

PS . It looks just like the image I posted in the beginning of the thread.

• There is so much truth to this that I can't stress it enough! I have bought 3 guitars already this year with number 4 coming in July.

Well the nice thing about this one is I didnt have to spend money for it. Just swopped an old guitar I had and never used. BONUS!

• Quite simply, you are going to be WOWED by it.

The problem with having an LP and a Strat (and in my case a Tele and MusicMan) is every few weeks or months, you pick up one you've not played much and IT becomes your favorite for a while. Keeps going back and forth.

I got my LP a few months ago and it's been blowing my mind. Why did I take so long to get one?!?

Killer guitar you got. Happy Days ahead for you!

And a smart choice, smart trade.

• Thanks db9091.

So far I treat my 3 electric guitars like my animals. I make sure each one gets love and attention on a daily basis. Maybe do exercises with the Variax. Then work on a SRV tune in Eb on the Strat then just jam along with rock tunes with the Soloist.

I foresee the Variax being replaced by the Les Paul and taken out only when I need a specialty tone (12 string or 335 or...)

• The LP was sitting in a black car during the 2 hour drive to my house in 100 degree heat. Out of respect and good guitar habits, Im letting it adjust to the cool A/C temperatures in my house by acclimating in its case over night.

Its painful but a good thing to do.

Edited once, last by lasvideo ().

• The LP was sitting in a black car during the 2 hour drive to my house in 100 degree heat. Out of respect and good guitar habits, Im letting it adjust to the cool A/C temperatures in my house by acclimating in its case over night.

Its painful but a good thing to do.

Maybe not needed as your blazing playing will no doubt warm it up with much friction!! ;)

• Great tone, playability and style. Meets and exceeds my expectations.

The only "downside" Ive noticed is that on the Soloist its much easier to play above the 12th fret. For instance, improvising in A on the 17th fret is kind of awkward. On the Soloist its like buttah.

The Strat has the same issue as the Les Paul in that regard.

Glad I own all three!