Hello from the U.S. -- new KPA owner here

• Just received my 3U rack and git to run through a few sample stock rigs. WOW. WOW. WOW.

Out of the box it's 5-star all the way (both HP and frfr)!!

I think I'll get the hang of it and really look forward to a foot controller for live use.

BTW while going through the manual I noticed on the faceplate of my 3U KPA that the "X" button that is referred to in the manual is missing. The physical button is present but the letter "X" above the physical button (next to the "MOD," "DELAY" and "REVERB" buttons) is absent. Did I get an older unit or what??

I'll be diving into some of your profiles and hopefully contributing some of my own one day. Oh and look out TAF :) I'm headed your way! Anyway, welcome to the music and IT SOUNDS GREAT!!!!

(EDIT: p.s. just wanted to add that I owned the ULTRA and do currently have an AF2 currently that I've used live for a few years. That is all :whistling: )

• Welcome to Kemperland! Yes, it's a helluva tone machine, you're going to have a blast using it. About your X slot, maybe it worn off? Maybe one of the guys can hook you up with a letter decal or something. Anyway, enjoy your new toy!

• As a courtesy I thought I'd share the feedback that a member of the Kemper Amps Info Team told be about the front panel's elusive "X." Maybe it will help curiosity seekers :) The story is that a lot was recently produced and the "X" was accidentally not printed; said they didn't notice until the units had been shipped. So, bottom line is that I clearly received one of these rare pieces. Pretty funny actually. It sounds so incredible!

And, just to add to my thoughts on the sound, I do have five (maybe six) years of active experience with Fractal Audio; and, currently, the AF2 and KPA rest side-by-side. The big "aha" and "oh thank goodness" realization for me is that the Kemper straight out of the box involves little tweaking to achieve high tone at volume or through headphones. The AXE-FX sounds great in a different way. To say it another way and to get to my point fwiw: I DO NOT MISS THE TIME-CONSUMING DEEP DIVE I DO WITH THE AXE-FX. With the Kemper Profiler 3U rack, that sound is right there with little to no spelunking. I just play.

It's going to take some time to figure the entire unit out for live/real-world use; but, hands down it is an absolutely amazing tool for me :) Just wow!!

I hope my two posts are not overwhelming the server. Thanks, everybody, for the welcome. I'm "in"!

• As a courtesy I thought I'd share the feedback that a member of the Kemper Amps Info Team told be about the front panel's elusive "X." Maybe it will help curiosity seekers :) The story is that a lot was recently produced and the "X" was accidentally not printed; said they didn't notice until the units had been shipped. So, bottom line is that I clearly received one of these rare pieces. Pretty funny actually.

Funny story! You own a rarity! ;)

• So I guess someone else has your Ex, ha ha!!

Cool story and Welcome Greentea!

Now you can play with routing the two units together. I suggest the KPA as an amp block within the FXII for maximum routing potential. This way you can play the KPA by itself, or with FXII's effects, or duel to the KPA and an FXII amp, or split the KPA signal and go through another IR cab (which, btw, there is software Kemper makes for you to convert your IR's so they work in the Kemper as a CAB) but the point is: maximum craziness!! ;)

The world is your oyster, now!

• I'll try it tonight. Never thought of that. THANK YOU, db, most sincerely!!

• I'll try it tonight. Never thought of that. THANK YOU, db, most sincerely!!

Welcome. I did that when I had the ULTRA. You can bring the KPA in as an AMP block and from there, within the FXII, move it around anywhere. Pretty cool fun.

In the end, I sold the ULTRA as I don't use effect much, and having to keep a learning curve for 2 units was taking took much time away from playing. I already have enough of a learning curve with Reaper and Mixing as it is.