TAMPA BAY, FL USA Axe Fx II vs Kemper meetup

• Anyone have a Kemper to compare to an Axe Fx II ?

OK, this isn't a battle or anything(!), but I really wanted to try out a Kemper, but don't have any leads around here to do so.

I have an Axe Fx II but was considering getting a Kemper; however, the cost is prohibitive for me at the moment and I might need to sell/trade the Axe Fx II if I want to go the Kemper route. Also, I've checked out videos etc. online, but I can't tell if they do real justice, and the feel of touching something just isn't there.

If you are located in Tampa, Clearwater, Largo, Palm Harbor, St. Petersburg (FL, not Russia! :D ), Brandon, or anywhere else nearby, please PM me and let me know if you are willing to meet up.

My place or yours. I have KRK Rokkit 6's with the 10" sub. If you have better monitors, maybe your place would be best, but either way. Also, I am mainly interested in Peavey 5150, Mesa Dual Rectifier, and similar profiles for metal/djent/hard rock, but that's not everything that I'm into. I can appreciate all forms of music, but I figured I'd let you know because those are the profiles I'd want to check out.

BTW, I also have a Maxon RTC600 tube compressor that is AWESOME for clean sounds (great in front of a modeler too), a Maxon VOP-9 overdrive, 5150 Block Letter, Orange ppc412 and Marshall 1960a cabs with Celestion v30 and Celestion g12t-75 X pattern, and a Pro Tone Periphery / Misha Mansoor / Bulb deluxe overdrive on the way.

8)

• Wish I was closer I'd help ya out down in Punta Gorda. 2 year user and loving it.
    We use 2 in our lineup. DXR 10s sometimes on large stages I throw a Mustang 3 in the back of the stage also

• It's a little bit like comparing a Windows and a MAC notebook.

The software makes the difference.

Both boxes are great - the AxeFx is even more powerful (hardware).

The KPA is leading in amp simulation and user interface - the AxeFx has more and more flexible effects. and more options to tweak an amp sound.

All this can be changed after the next updates - the AxeFx amp sound improves from update to update and the KPA gets more and more effects.

... and yes, I would like to compare the latest AxeFx firmware the KPA (I sold my AxeFx II some two years ago) - at that time was the KPA's amp tones MUCH better than the AxeFx - can't say anything about the current firmware - unfortunately are you a little bit to far away from Germany ;)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I've read a lot of Line6, Boss, Vox, Digitech, etc users talk about there is always this degree of "closeness" to a real amp and some say the extra money of a high end modeler like the KPA or Fractal isn't worth it.

I've gotten into arguments over this, but I do not hear a difference between "real" amps and the Kemper. So I don't need the "next" level of "realism" since I'm not missing ANY realism as it is.

On any level: live, headphones or recorded.

I can imagine improvements to the Kemper, or even a KPA II, but I seriously wouldn't gas for it. I might get it IF I have the money, or my current KPA dies and costs to much to fix.

I do think there are better sounding effects, but as some have said here, the Holy Grail of Effects is literally the "Holy Grail" that is missing from the Kemper: Spring Reverb, which is such an integral part of most amps, I'm truly surprised it's missing.

But I can wait patiently, as the KPA already surpasses my wishes.

We've discussed CK's concept of a potential to have a new KPA "merge" profiles for an actually accurate and complete amp experience, but it doesn't kill me to change profiles, and truly, at that point, you'd save "presets" for amp setting snapshots, and there would be this much difference between the new KPA and old KPA: ZERO, NADA, NONE, cause you'd still have to change a preset/profile the same way, same amount of time.

I'm intrigued by the FXII as I owned the ULTRA, but I don't need another learning curve in my hobby. Got more than I can handle taming Waves plugins and Reaper.

• im in saint pete near tyrone mall pm me we can set something up

[Blocked Image: http://i39.tinypic.com/f05540.jpg]
    Pro Tools HDX HD i/o 8x8x8
    SSL Nucleus
    vintech
    2 573
    2 x81
    1 609ca
    classic api 4 vp312
    Neumann kh120's
    Presonus digimax
    Furman hds-6
    splawn nitro
    gmajor 2
    kemper
    agile 727s
    yes i work at Vintech

• I moved from there last December, or I would help out. Regardless, I'd love to hear the results of your comparison :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I am in Tampa and have good monitors. I truly am satisfied with the KPA and was a very early adopter.

Unfortunately, I don't have much at all in the way of metal profiles and that seems to be of the greatest interest to you.

Best of luck in your decision making!