Where to address a complaint about trolls and members insulting others?

• Quoted from "Mic2002"

the OP doesn't or won't give details or respond to the numerous suggestions given in good faith and continues on without trying any advice. Am I being cynical to suggest other motives at play here?

I guess that part of being in a family of sorts, it can happen to the best of us.. I believe that the OP has moved on to new gear as a resolution to his issue and has offered an apology/explanation in his post. Probably time to move on, at least for me.

I know which post you are referring to Duke.There has been another very similar after this one...check thread 'bad sound on solos..' In the public forum Q&A about profiler.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• I have some concerns about posts in the public forum usually in the Q&A recently along the lines of ...getting a bad sound...etc the OP doesn't or won't give details or respond to the numerous suggestions given in good faith and continues on without trying any advice. Am I being cynical to suggest other motives at play here? . I will stick to the private forum from here on in. I would like to see a bit more moderation earlier in these type of posts ie where should this thread be...and get the OP to interact.

I have an idea about which thread you are referring to, and I may be wrong in my assumption. So take this for what it is.

But I think all us "regular joes" should relax a bit when people seem to have problems with their KPA unit and post it in the public forums. We don't need to police which threads are visible to the public; that is the concern - or not - of the Kemper Company. If THEY have a problem with it, THEY need to decide what to do with it, and instruct their mods appropriately; eg. move the thread to the proper forum, as applicable.

I think it creates an "unhealthy" atmosphere when we think it is OUR role to prevent bad publicity. First of all, it really isn't our job. Secondly, it seems we resort to more or less attacking each other, since we don't have the wherewithal to do anything more definitive. The question then becomes: is THAT behaviour what we want to show in the public forum?

If we THINK we should do something, then maybe the correct way to deal with it would be a PM to a moderator, and then just leave the thread - and leave it up to the mods to decide, based on their mandate from the company hosting this website.

Just my thoughts.

• I think it creates an "unhealthy" atmosphere when we think it is OUR role to prevent bad publicity. First of all, it really isn't our job. Secondly, it seems we resort to more or less attacking each other, since we don't have the wherewithal to do anything more definitive. The question then becomes: is THAT behaviour what we want to show in the public forum?

+1

The number one reason i dont post what i would like to say or how often i would like to say something.

Not because im an asshole, but because i give what i see are the facts. Positive or negative i should have the right to say what i want without fear of chastisement or eviction. If you want to live in a police state fine, YOU do that but dont force me into that.

Each person has the option of acknowledging any "offensive" comments or exiting the post and moving on.
    If you react, you should be just as accountable as the OP for sustaining the negativity and just calling more and more attention to it.

I dont see anyone taking responsibility for that, look this is an entire thread about one person being an asshole.
    Do they even deserve this much attention....

Hey, someone took a shit lets go look at it and put a glass case around it so we can preserve it for all to see.

• I thought I would never have to add to this thread when I first saw it but unfortunately I do. One member has become a right arse recently even one of his posts was deleted because I and a few others found it quite offensive. I've searched through their post history and found that this is not a one off incident, they are very opinionated as well as rude and obnoxious to others posts in this forum. I always though this was an excellent forum, with nice friendly members where people could share their thoughts and experiences. Its a shame just the 1 or 2 people here have to ruin it by their attitude and lack of people skills. I personally think if they are selling a product then they should be even more careful with what they say on this forum as this will more than likely deter new and old customers from buying their product. IMOH their product could be the best in the world but with arrogance, bad people skills and just damn right rudeness. I wouldn't purchase it in a millions years !!! rant over :D

• It's challenging sometimes but best practice is to ignore and not feed the trolls.
    Their trolling lives from the reaction on their posts. It's their success. Don't give them success, even if it's hard sometimes.

Maybe it helps to realize that others are smart enough to detect trolling even without an answer from the offended person. ;)

The above is valid for all standard users like us.
    Forum administrators/moderators are in a different position. They can take various measures to stop this. So it's good to notify the administrators/moderators here or via the "Report" button.

• Raoul, I know who you are referring to, and I agree.
    This time though moderation took place in a timely manner and Don Petersen did a very good job about it.
    Otherwise I agree with Lightbox.
    Don't feed the trolls, report them.

Yep Don was quick to sort it out, but I've just reported another post that he posted which again was damn right rude

• Yup, i'm part of many support forums, but never came across one that hostile as kemper.

8|

... You've never been on fractal or TGP then... LOL

On the contrary, this is the board where I most often I've read posts on the "guys, please don't turn this board into one of those out there" line

^^