Spdif problem using kemper rack and focusrite saffire pro 56

• Hi guys,
    I have a problem with my kemper and my focusrite interface. When playing through spdif I get dropouts all of the time. Did some test with latency etc.

Do you have any idea what could go wrong? ?(

Thanks!!

• Hi,

haven't experienced this problem with my Saffire Pro 56 but I had this issue with Scarlett devices sometimes.
    First of all you need to double check if the basic settings are ok (44.1kHz, external clock, reasonable buffer size). If everything is setup correctly and the problem persists, try to set clock source to internal and back to external. I've had this happen on Scarlett devices a few times that MixControl showed external sync although the sync was obviously lost. Switching to internal and back to external solved it (for a while).

Hope that helps
    Martin

• I have the Liquid 56 and have never had any issues with dropouts regardless of sync source or cable. What OS are you using, Win 7?

Also do you have any other SPDIF device you could hook up instead of the Kemper just to see if you get the same dropout issue

• Dropouts are a sign of two digital devices that are connected without proper sync. The Profiler needs to be the master. Make sure you set your soundcard to sync slave while you are recording from the Profiler.

• @lasvideo is there anything in specific about making it work perfectly in Logic Pro? I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett PRO 14 with KPA and Logic Pro 9. I thought it'd just be the case of plugging in and go, doesn't Logic sort it out for you (in regards to S/PDIF)?

Cheers
    Mike