Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Mac is here!

• Thanks for the info :thumbup:

Armin: do you use the Pro-version or the bigger ones (MegaPak, PlusPak ect.)?

Yes, the many versions are a little bit strange at first - especially since the 'Pro' version is the one which can't be used for anything serious.

I use the UltraPlusPAK since years - and update from time to time (last time in 2012).

The UltraPlusPAK includes ALL the real drums and real tracks - and that is the heart of BIAB (= reason for good sound) - the "Pro" pack is the "old Midi toy sound".
    You can get individual packs of real sounds - but that will be very expensive if you want more than a few.

Versions:
    http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

RealTracks:
    http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.all.php?os=mac

The best way to buy BIAB is online on the US page - since the $ exchange rate is fine at the moment.
    (you need a fast internet connection - the UltraPlusPack is about 90GB)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited 3 times, last by Armin ().

• Here are some packs you may like to check - only Pop/Rock

(note each pack is $29 - so VERY expensive if you like to get ALL of them)

RealTracks Set 5 : Rockin' Guitar
    RealTracks Set 6 : All Metal!
    RealTracks Set 10 : All Blues (Shuffle)
    RealTracks Set 20 : Dual Rock Guitars
    RealTracks Set 21 : Clean Strat Rock
    RealTracks Set 23 : Pop Acoustic Guitar
    RealTracks Set 24 : Pop Swing 8ths Guitar
    RealTracks Set 25 : Pop Swing 8ths Bass 1
    RealTracks Set 26 : Pop Swing 8ths Bass 2
    RealTracks Set 30 : Blues (Slow Swing)
    RealTracks Set 31 : Blues - Slow Even 8ths
    RealTracks Set 32 : Blues
    RealTracks Set 40 : American Pop-Rock
    RealTracks Set 41 : Rockin' Hard
    RealTracks Set 42 : Boogie 'n Texas Rock
    RealTracks Set 43 : Rockin' Down South
    RealTracks Set 44 : Blues Guitar and Organ
    RealTracks Set 45 : Driving British Rock
    RealTracks Set 46 : Medium Pop - Harmonica, Organ, and Bass
    RealTracks Set 47 : Slow and Fast Pop
    RealTracks Set 48 : Medium Modern Rock
    RealTracks Set 49 : Spirited Acoustic Guitar
    RealTracks Set 60 : Country Rock
    RealTracks Set 61 : Ballads and More
    RealTracks Set 67 : Rockin' in 3/4 Time
    RealTracks Set 68 : R&B Rock
    RealTracks Set 69 : Rockin' in the North, Rockin' in the South
    RealTracks Set 70 : Piano Pop
    RealTracks Set 71 : Folk-Rock
    RealTracks Set 83 : LA Hard Rock
    RealTracks Set 84 : Lite Pop
    RealTracks Set 85 : Rockin' Bass
    RealTracks Set 86 : Blues Rock
    RealTracks Set 87 : Electric for all Occasions
    RealTracks Set 88 : 12-String Electric
    RealTracks Set 89 : Northern Rock Ballad
    RealTracks Set 108 : More Rockin' Bass
    RealTracks Set 124 : More Pop-Rock Bass
    RealTracks Set 125 : Crossover Pop
    RealTracks Set 140 : Texas Blues-Rock Shuffle
    RealTracks Set 141 : Pop 16ths Ballads
    RealTracks Set 142 : Pop 16ths Medium
    RealTracks Set 156 : Texas Blues-Rock: Straight-8ths
    RealTracks Set 157 : Texas Blues-Rock: Rock 'n' Roll
    RealTracks Set 159 : Folk-Pop Ballads
    RealTracks Set 170 : Texas Blues-Rock: Slow Groovin' 12:8
    RealTracks Set 171 : Medium Folk-Pop 8ths
    RealTracks Set 174 : Pop Mandolin, Piano, and Guitar
    RealTracks Set 175 : Texas Blues-Rock: Smokin' Blues Sax
    RealTracks Set 187 : More Fancy Fingerpicking with Brent Mason
    RealTracks Set 188 : Slow Background Pop Horn Section
    RealTracks Set 189 : Blues Baritone Sax with Gary Smulyan
    RealTracks Set 191 : Funky Electric Piano & More
    RealTracks Set 199 : JazzPop Piano
    RealTracks Set 201 : Brent Mason Nylon & Electric

There are bundles as well:
    http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.realtracks.rock.htm

But again - if you like more then a few - get the full pack!

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• I upgraded my old 2012 version to the latest EverythingPAK as well - the tutorial videos are quite helpful - and much better then the TV program ;)

• Thanks for the infos guys !!! :thumbup:

My internet-connection is fast, there's some money left I have to spend (tax...), so I will take a look at the bigger versions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• EverythingPAK is bought and download just started.... ;)

BIAB EverythingPAK is less expensive than one of the Strymons (Timeline + Mobius) I bought recently.... :whistling:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• One question left: now I'm downloading file by file (BIAB, Bonus Pak, Audio Style Demos, Songs & Lessons, all Real Tracks ect.). Do I just install one after the other (of course the program-file first), is it that simple?

• Yes, , first the program - and then the rest one after the other.

And when you ever buy an update you need only to install the new program and the new real tracks.

• You may first download the bonus 6 pack - there is a new features video included - cab be watched during download ...

• I admire your patience with what must be a LONG download (how many hours?). They are sending me a USB hard drive with everything on it. Of course I will also have to be patient since it wont arrive until Friday or so. :)

• I admire your patience with what must be a LONG download (how many hours?). They are sending me a USB hard drive with everything on it. Of course I will also have to be patient since it wont arrive until Friday or so. :)

I have a fast internet connection, right now downloading files it's around 80 Mbps (up to 100 Mbps), shouldn't take too long....

• I guess using BIAB will safe a lot of time to make demos....

Depends on the style you want - e.g. there is not so much for hard-rock or metal - but a lot of great stuff for soft styles and all kinds of Jazz.

But since the 2014 version can we create our own User-Tracks - so you could create your own backings styles and use them later in any key at any speed.

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• FYI:
    I just chat with support to ask how we're supposed to use BIAB on a workstation AND a laptop when travelling. The licence restricts to use on one computer only.
    Answer from BIAB support:
    The licence is good for up to 3 activations. Just activate on your computers as you need.
    Hope that helps, because this info isn't available in their forums ... at least I couldn't find using Google.

Also:
    On Windows I just install the actual software and then there is a master installer which takes care of all installation of RealDrums and RealTracks in one go (unattended).

Cheers
    Martin