Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Mac is here!

• Caught you lasvideo, Armin and Ingo, you never played Jazz...... ;)

- Real Book (in English)

- Real Book (in German)

I know what a real book is - even own an iPhone app called iRealBook - then renamed some time and now called Real Pro.
    Its similar to BIAB - wirks great on an iPhone - but no real tracks.
    There you can load a complete Jazz realbook too.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• yeah there'as tons of real book stuff in my files.. I've got the entire collection, english and german in pdf as well.. everything.. it's great stuff to build your chops with or do solo gigs.. gotcha band and 30,000 songs.. what more do you need?

I enjoy just applying styles to them in BAB and real tracks and sit back and get off.. great chops busters...

There's so much to BIAB that you'll never get bored with it.. there's tons of guitar lessons as well.. I use it all the time.. find a real tracks drum groove that feels good and get it on.. add a frettless bass (check out the Jaco style.. nice) and a piano n organ... ok.. gotta go jam some!

Gettin' funky up in here..

• well... since you put it that way...

here's a link to my dropbox with... I dunno.. may 750 meg of BIAB files... thousands of songs... they are nested in directories.. sorry I couldn't zip them but hey... have fun!!

BIAB Files

Wow, thanks for sharing this extensive library Duke! :thumbup:

I agree, BIAB is great for jamming along, learning new songs and also a needy to tool for songwriting. I love it, and will upgrade to Mac 2014 soon.

• Thanks for that, and yes Günter, I'm caught. Although I do know what REAL BOOK means.
    I intend to use BIAB to widen my horizon as well. ;)

Not a big deal. ;) I just was wondering, because I thought that "Real Book" is a common expression for everybody, it's something like the bible for jazz-musicians. I'm not really a jazz-player, but about 15 years ago I bought the "real" Real Book and practiced a lot of the songs just to widen my horizon, too.

DukeOURL: your files are terrific, so many BIAB-songs, thank you very much !!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• DukeOURL: your files are terrific, so many BIAB-songs, thank you very much !!!!

my pleasure guys.. they were all freebies that I've collected over the years... and there's more.. I just have to dig them out LOL..

I've got a great collection of real books too.. and in German! I'll put them out there shortly and let ya'll know... I''ve got a trip to Alabama today to pick up a 59' LP Historic VOS .. FINALLY! It's got a great history.. I'll share after the deals done.. but it's a beautiful guitar.

Gettin' funky up in here..

• I ordered a HD as well but also downloaded the EVERYTHING PAK files in the meantime. They have good server capabilities.

Yeah, but Im JUST running at 25 MB/sec. And the Ultra Plus pack is 80 GB. So....if I got peak speed (which they said I wouldnt due to traffic) it would be way more then 6 hours.

• Please remember that you have to pay tax (VAT) when you import hardware (unlike software downloads) from outside the EU to inside.

IMHO is the small harddisk not worth all this - after a successful download.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• One thing I hate is getting out my typewriter and creating a form letter asking for the software, then hoping the P.O. doesn't lose the letter.

Time to give up the Dial-ups and T1's you old men!! ;)

Seriously, how long does it take you? I can get a download of 1 TB in about an hour. I've not timed it, I just set it up and watch a TV show.