amp naming rights

• hi,

first. full disclosure. when i started using the unit, i didn't set up the initial personal info. just dove in. did a few profiles. later noticed that the 'amp' author is "Christoph Kemper" with no edit option.

little while after that, did the "initialize" routine.

did a bunch of profiles. all the new stuff is in my name.

are those first few profiles locked out of my name?

thanks...
    d

• the 'amp' author field is locked / non-edit on those original profiles i did before i initialized my personal info. this is both in rig mngr and base unit.

• that's a good idea. but. no. 'amp' field still locked.
    i think it's kemper's way of enforcing a little bit of propriety. it was really my-bad for not setting up the local personal info before i started making profiles. all is well w/my current profiles - so i guess i'll just have to 'deal' and move on.

thanks.

• at work now - will give a try later.

either way - i should have just set up the personal info before i started profiling.

in a way, this does bring up the question of what protections would someone have if they were venturing to create profiles for sale?

d

• ... what protections would someone have if they were venturing to create profiles for sale?

None (technically), like in the whole software world. If you sell software you have to understand that there will always be some who will steal your commercial product even if it's just $0.01
    But if you provide a great product, great service for a reasonable price there will still be enough people who happily pay for the product. In some cases even more as long as there's no copy protection / software activation involved.

• later noticed that the 'amp' author is "Christoph Kemper" with no edit option.

In this case you did not create the actual amp profile. During profiling, the "device owner" string is copied to the "amp author" tag, this has been always the case since release.

Since the "device owner" was never per default "Christoph Kemper" (but 'me'), the amp profile has not been created by you.

If you edit the "Rig" (not to confuse with a "profile") on the device, you can change the author tag for the Rig.