AxeFx 2 profiles

• I just put a pile of higher gain profiles from my Axe 2 on the Exchange today. Check them out. The ones labeled "2" are mainly with flat EQ, and I kept the gain pretty much middle of the road as well, so crank it up if that's your world. I didn't do much (if any) effects - you can take care of that.

It was my first go-round at profiling, and these were done just before I axed the Axe... ;)

Firmware version was 14.xx.

Cab IR model on all - Marshall Basketweave TV 4x12 w/Greenbacks.

Enjoy!

Chris

Edited 2 times, last by Chris_O ().

• No problem guys! Enjoy! I'm guessing you can probably guess my musical leanings from what I threw out there, huh? ;)

Profiling another preamp sure is easy -- *almost* foolproof! Loved the AxeFx, but being a home hobby player, it finally got to the point where I couldn't justify having that much $$$ tied up in gear. After I tried making a profile of one of my favorite models on the Axe, it sounded soooo close that it made it pretty easy to make the decision to sell the Axe.

• No problem guys! Enjoy! I'm guessing you can probably guess my musical leanings from what I threw out there, huh? ;)

Profiling another preamp sure is easy -- *almost* foolproof! Loved the AxeFx, but being a home hobby player, it finally got to the point where I couldn't justify having that much $$$ tied up in gear. After I tried making a profile of one of my favorite models on the Axe, it sounded soooo close that it made it pretty easy to make the decision to sell the Axe.

I have an Axe FX and would love to profile it... what was your setup like to profile? Did you use a cab+mic?

• This is where Profiler Philosophy and business idea shines.
    Any discussion Axe vs KPA is actually pointless .
    Why ?
    You just profile Axe , and you have Axe on your Kemper .
    Once you have Axe profile on your KPA , it will represent just one of 1.000 profiles you have on your Kemper .

So, what we have to discuss here ?????
    We have to discuss-nothing . ;)

Everything becomes part of the Kemper , where Axe is just one of thousands of different sound sources, among of thousands another sound sources i.e real amps.

Guys with (but only good and so so natural sounding) Axe profiles are welcome , thanks a lot . :thumbup:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().

• This is partially true. For one, the Axe, like an amp, would require multiple profiles to gather up the various sweet spot settings one could/would get with a particular amp. BUT... many presets are tweaked with Effects, which many do not sound the same as the Kemper, and some aren't available in the Kemper. So there are limitations there, where you can get it close, but maybe not exact.

But for raw amps with minimal effects, yes, I've profiled a few ULTRA presets and it was spot on. I even recorded the A/B side by side in SoundCloud and posted it on TGP for some who questioned the KPA's ability to do this.

I also have some very nicely done profiles of the FXII by fremen, and will get to listen to these and review the quality. I wish fremen would release his, as many would actually pay for them. And should, it takes time to set them up.

Last item: it's always a questions of "Which Firmware Version" so you could profile v12 or v13 and there would be the claim that "it's not the LATEST though" but the point still holds: The KPA can certainly profile the raw amp/models of the FXII accurately, and hang with most of the effects, but there is where it will start to differ or fall short.

• Great profiles! Didn't try them all but the ones I did are quite usable with very limited or no tweaking at all.
    Any chance of begging for some of the Dumble and Fuchs models in the Axe, more for the
    Robben Ford, Larry Carlton, Santana style players?

• Great profiles! Didn't try them all but the ones I did are quite usable with very limited or no tweaking at all.
    Any chance of begging for some of the Dumble and Fuchs models in the Axe, more for the
    Robben Ford, Larry Carlton, Santana style players?

I have a couple Trainwreck profiles I can put up, but I did move the Axe on to greener pastures, so I don't have access to it any more. Take a look at the Trip Tik and Fish Strato profiles I made though - they might be in the realm of what you're looking for. I'm not a big fan of the types of amps you mentioned, so I didn't really do much with them. Not really in my wheelhouse of tones I guess. ;(

• I'll give the Trip Tik and Fish a try and definitely would be interested in the Train Wreck as well. I remember a number of years ago playing through an Axe Ultra and really liked the Trainwreck model.