Footswitch/Floorboard from Kemper anytime soon?

• I'm pretty sure this is discussed elsewhere recently, but I couldn't find any recent threads on this.

Do we have a reliable statement about when to expect a dedicated floorboard from Kemper for the KPA, as has been mentioned on several occasions previously? I'm chewing through my second Behringer floorboard now, which works nicely when it doesn't fall apart, which it eventually does.

• Thats what the guy in a music store told me. And as far as I remember some of the Kemper guys confirmed here as well. So it will be here this year. Until then I will use one of my MIDI-Pedals I have available. No need to wait for anything new. Instead I started having fun with my Kemper. :)

• Another waiting soul here ;)

The FCB1010 with the Uno4Kemper chip is OK; however, I would like a pedal board with ......

• More space between the foot switches
    • Power over MIDI
    • LCD label showing the name of the currently selected rig AND the performance bank name
    • "Last" toggle if you hit the same button twice to go between two patches easily
    • A volume pedal that has a good enough sweep to be useful (unlike the FCB1010).
    • A nice graphic like the one on the KPA for the tuner on the foot switch
    • Well lit switches with large, night viewable indicators.

I would be all over this!

Until then, I am getting by with my FCB. My biggest gripe is really the small distance between switches.

• Hopefully, and I'm not stirring the pot here, but wasn't this the case last year as well...? I'm not complaining, just eagerly awaiting what I think would really lift the KPA ;)

Yes, we thought we would see it last year. Personally, I think they will show it this year, but I would be surprised if it is actually available to purchase this year.

• AFAIK, Kemper never stated they'd put the pedalboard on the market in 2013. Have I missed something?

No, of course not, you sages don't miss much. ;)

But I think those of us that have had our Kempers since the beginning thought we would have seen a Kemper Footswitch by now. When Christoph started the "The Kemper Foot Controller: A Proposal" in April 2012, did you think we would still be waiting....?

• ^ Try the Liquid Foot. Need to add an expression pedal for what you are requesting - I am using the Mission. But LF is AWESOME.

• ^ Try the Liquid Foot. Need to add an expression pedal for what you are requesting - I am using the Mission. But LF is AWESOME.

Also, Gordius' Little Giant 2 is awesome, and they have made presets making it simple to use with the Axe.

There's no shortage of good midi pedals out there. Coming from the Axe-camp, though, what I miss is the convenience of one rugged, dedicated pedal which is easily programmed and reprogrammed, with one cable carrying both signals and power.

• No, of course not, you sages don't miss much. ;)

But I think those of us that have had our Kempers since the beginning thought we would have seen a Kemper Footswitch by now. When Christoph started the "The Kemper Foot Controller: A Proposal" in April 2012, did you think we would still be waiting....?

NO! NO! and NO!

• Would love to use the KPA as my main live rig, I'm waiting on the KPA foot controller. I currently have a Ground Control Pro and a great Dunlop expression pedal in a pedal board but the board is large. Works great as my guitar rig. My challenge being that I am covering bass/keys and some guitar with my band. Currently the guitar player and I swap rigs when I go to guitar. I use a compact Boss ME-20 for the bass effects (this pedal sits on a small pedal board that fits underneath my keyboard stand). With the versatility of the KPA I could use it for both bass and guitar but I need a dedicated controller with smaller footprint. In gigs where I am playing guitar only I can road my guitar rig and use the KPA. This wearing 3 hats/juggling thing has complicated matters for me as far as quantity of gear needed.....

• I would be very, very surprised if we did see this before Namm 2015. One thing is for sure, it will be a very well thought out and quality product. At times, we all want it now but I'm kind of glad that Kemper does take their time with some things. Nobody likes to wait but they have their reasons.

One thing though.... I do hope the library for Mac does come sooner because really, that is a software piece and it shouldn't be that hard to code that for the current OS.

• Honestly, is this ever going to happen? Correct me if I'm wrong, or point me in the right direction..... but I've never seen Kemper officially state this will be coming out.

We really need a PROPER dedicated controller. A cheap FCB 1010 with a 3rd party eeprom chip that works half assed is frustrating at times.

I don't think its too much to ask for some sort of a statement from Kemper regarding the current status of this.

• Honestly, is this ever going to happen? Correct me if I'm wrong, or point me in the right direction..... but I've never seen Kemper officially state this will be coming out.

We really need a PROPER dedicated controller. A cheap FCB 1010 with a 3rd party eeprom chip that works half assed is frustrating at times.

I don't think its too much to ask for some sort of a statement from Kemper regarding the current status of this.

I know that it is suppose to be out this year but can't find the thread about it. So five months at max to wait. You should be able to have it under Xmas tree.

• I know that it is suppose to be out this year but can't find the thread about it. So five months at max to wait. You should be able to have it under Xmas tree.

I think it is very unlikely that a foot controller would be "readily available" by Christmas. From the time it's unveiled, we're probably looking at 4-5 months before it is in stock. Just think about everything announced at winter namm... it's usually May at the soonest before it hits the stores. How long did it take the Kemper Rack to be in stock at retailers??

• [quote='Pick909','index.php?page=Thread&postID=157964#post157964']Just think about everything announced at winter namm... it's usually May at the soonest before it hits the stores. How long did it take the Kemper Rack to be in stock at retailers??

The rackmount version of the ISP Stealth was announced at Winter NAMM and it still doesn't exist on the internet aside from one NAMM video on YouTube. :(