Footswitch/Floorboard from Kemper anytime soon?

• I think it is very unlikely that a foot controller would be "readily available" by Christmas. From the time it's unveiled, we're probably looking at 4-5 months before it is in stock. Just think about everything announced at winter namm... it's usually May at the soonest before it hits the stores. How long did it take the Kemper Rack to be in stock at retailers??

This is very true, no question about it. As soon as it is out, I'll look forward to ordering it. For the time being, I've had no issues with myFCB1010. I've completed over 36 gigs with it (got it in April of this year) and have done 5 contract studio sessions with it. All good. I'm hoping the new Kemper footboard has a much smaller footprint.

• The thing is when Kemper comes out with it's floorboard the thing will most probably cost about $700 and in comparison the FCB1010 setup with the chip is $250 and is doing the job according to most people. The floorboard is not going to make me a better player but the sounds coming out of the Kemper sure makes me sound closer to a professional guitar player with it's numerous authentic guitar amp emulations. What I was trying to say with the "Who cares" statement was, I love my Kemper just the way it is!

Just an observation though. If kemper comes out with a floorboard won't it need an editor? Now that's a completely different story.

• It might be not, actually 8o

Maybe they are delaying the pedalboard's release in order to develop a proper editor, in the awareness that if they don't they will be crucifixed by the "where is the editor" Party...

:D

• The thing is when Kemper comes out with it's floorboard the thing will most probably cost about $700 and in comparison the FCB1010 setup with the chip is $250 and is doing the job according to most people. The floorboard is not going to make me a better player but the sounds coming out of the Kemper sure makes me sound closer to a professional guitar player with it's numerous authentic guitar amp emulations. What I was trying to say with the "Who cares" statement was, I love my Kemper just the way it is!

Just an observation though. If kemper comes out with a floorboard won't it need an editor? Now that's a completely different story.

Sure, I like the Kemper too, and there are floor board solutions that works. But imho, Fractal has set the standard here, with a dedicated board that is solid, powered and communicating thru an rj45 cable, easy to configure, catering for most people's needs, even control freaks. The UNO-FCB is easy to set up, but flimsy and limited. The fact that many use it, might be more about not having particularly better alternative (even though there are numerous great midi boards out htere)

Not a deal breaker, but a dedicated board with one cable catering for both power and communication will mean a great deal to me.

• I don't think an editor would be needed for the pedalboard. There will likely just be a KPA software update (version 3, perhaps?) to support it, and the new features added for it.

The simpler the better, for sure :D
    I thought any pedalboard on the market had an editor/computer interface, hence the Party :rolleyes:

• I don't think an editor would be needed for the pedalboard. There will likely just be a KPA software update (version 3, perhaps?) to support it, and the new features added for it.

I don't think so either.

An editor would be relatively simple to create though...

• Sure, I like the Kemper too, and there are floor board solutions that works. But imho, Fractal has set the standard here, with a dedicated board that is solid, powered and communicating thru an rj45 cable, easy to configure, catering for most people's needs, even control freaks. The UNO-FCB is easy to set up, but flimsy and limited. The fact that many use it, might be more about not having particularly better alternative (even though there are numerous great midi boards out htere)

Not a deal breaker, but a dedicated board with one cable catering for both power and communication will mean a great deal to me.

The FCB1010 is an ok option for now. The Fractal MFC is excellent, agreed. It operates exactly how a foot controller should.