H&K Tubemeister 36 Profile

• Have you also profiled the Lead channel? If not, please do - I have the Grandmeister 36 and use the Lead channel a ton. I am brand new to Kemper so I'm not qualified to get into profiling myself just yet, thus my request. I'll try it when I am not such a newbie.

Gary ô¿ô

• Have you also profiled the Lead channel? If not, please do - I have the Grandmeister 36 and use the Lead channel a ton. I am brand new to Kemper so I'm not qualified to get into profiling myself just yet, thus my request. I'll try it when I am not such a newbie.

I have profiled all channels of GrandMeister. Search my alias on Rig Exchange. These are merged 3.0 profiles.

• I couldn´t hear a difference between the original and the profile.

Twulf, I had (past tense) the GM36's (2 of them actually - returned for major technical glitches), not the TM36, though they're pretty similar according to most... I AM hearing a difference between the original and the profile, quite a lot really. Don't mean this in any negative way, and I appreciate anyone's efforts to get this great sounding amp profiled, (I certainly couldn't do it!) It's just an observation from a long-time H & K user. Your profile is much brighter, 'nastier' on the distortion, though tweakable of course via the GScream drive and gain controls. I may try eliminating the GS altogether. The H & K is a more subtle, sweet distorted sound, at least to me. I'll play with yours to get that sound, plus try Axewave's merged profiles as well, which I have yet to do - that's tonight's mini-project!

Geoff Whitehorn, lead guitarist for Procol Harum for over 20 years and a long time bud of mine, sent me his own profile of the GM36 lead channel he uses. It is more what I am used to and is quite nice. He still uses this over his Marshall profiles of which he is also rightly proud of. I'd share it, but I don't have his permission to do so.

Thanks for all your hard work and all the best!

Gary ô¿ô

Edited once, last by prsgary ().

• Twulf, I had (past tense) the GM36's (2 of them actually - returned for major technical glitches), not the TM36, though they're pretty similar according to most... I AM hearing a difference between the original and the profile, quite a lot really. Don't mean this in any negative way, and I appreciate anyone's efforts to get this great sounding amp profiled, (I certainly couldn't do it!) It's just an observation from a long-time H & K user. Your profile is much brighter, 'nastier' on the distortion, though tweakable of course via the GScream drive and gain controls. I may try eliminating the GS altogether. The H & K is a more subtle, sweet distorted sound, at least to me. I'll play with yours to get that sound, plus try Axewave's merged profiles as well, which I have yet to do - that's tonight's mini-project!

Geoff Whitehorn, lead guitarist for Procol Harum for over 20 years and a long time bud of mine, sent me his own profile of the GM36 lead channel he uses. It is more what I am used to and is quite nice. He still uses this over his Marshall profiles of which he is also rightly proud of. I'd share it, but I don't have his permission to do so.

Thanks for all your hard work and all the best!

The profiles were taken from the "DI out" of the Tubemeister, which is a simulated speaker out. It does have a very different sound to it than a real cab (I have the tubemeister 18, so I know :-))

• I have had H & K's for 10 years - their basic sound has not changed. My memories are quite in tune with these amps. So are my recordings and live performance videos. What I hear the difference in, true, is not the amp since 2 died on me within 6 weeks, but my years of playing them in live contexts as well as in the studio are what are guiding me, and inspiring me.. And as Michael_dk pointed out about - the TM profile was through the DI, a simulated out, not a real cab. That may be the entire difference right there.

Having said that - Axewave's profiles are killer - as close to the real thing as I could imagine. Play one, play the other, you'll no doubt hear what I mean. The warmth he captured is the warmth I've come to know and love. No offense whatsoever intended to twulf - I could never have even got that close! My hat's off to all that make the effort and come close even.

Gary ô¿ô

Edited once, last by prsgary ().

• Thanks for your comments!
    Surely I compared the H&K DI-Out connected to my PA with the Kemper Profile and absolute YES - H&K with my TT 2X12" sounds much different!

I profiled the H&K TM36 last Week with a external DI-Box without CabSim. It´s inside the RigExchange "TM36Crunch-1" and it also sounds different (surely :-))
    from the older profile I´ve done with the red-box out.

Greetings
    Ralf