Kemper with cab off has no low-end

• Hey guys,

Just got my Kemper PowerRack this week, and I'm loving the FOH tones I can get with it. However, when I turn the Cab off and send it to my Mesa Oversized 4x12, it has a serious lack of low-end. The actual rig with the cab has PLENTY of low-end, but without, it's definitely lacking. Bumping the low end +3 or +4 helps, but the output seems to be clipping when I do that, and that also affects my FOH tone that's being sent to the board I believe.

Help?

Thanks,

Trevor

• Maybe this is a dumb question, can't remember from the manual and I'm not near my Kemper ATM, but can I save Output EQ settings (to the speaker cab, not the Main Outputs to FOH) per rig? For instance, my cleans may not need that much low end.

• Maybe this is a dumb question, can't remember from the manual and I'm not near my Kemper ATM, but can I save Output EQ settings (to the speaker cab, not the Main Outputs to FOH) per rig? For instance, my cleans may not need that much low end.

Output settings are global but you can create several Output preset for different venues and applications.

• Haha thanks a ton guys. To clarify again, the profile WITH the cab in sounds HUGE (FOH), but taking the cab off renders the tone THROUGH my actual cab (on stage) a bit thin. Here's what Kemper support said and it makes perfect sense:

"The cab part of the profile is a major factor in regards to the perceived frequency range of a rig. You can verify this by changing the cabs in a given rig. The overall frequency response will change dramatically from cab to cab.
    To compensate for a lack in low frequencies for the physical cab that you are using you could utilize the dedicated monitor out equalizer that you can find in the output menu.This will have no influence on the signal that goes from the Main Outs to the FOH."