Not happy with the solo sound

• Loved the tone on that DV amp in the video and will be trying out that EVH profile for sure, thanks Trazan! Still would like to hear what the OP's setup is. In case you didn't know you can find that EVH profile here on the Rig Exchange.

• Yup, great tone in the video, would be interested in other people's recommandations as well.
    I've been looking for a tone like this for a long time.
    The best I've found so far is Andy's JCM 800; you can try one in the factory profiles, TAF Manrock 800

• Sounds like any stock Ibanez to me (i.e. an electronic kazoo). Apologies to any Ibanez fans out there. :) Both pickups are being used - those'll make a difference if they're DiMarzios as opposed to stock. Looks like the bridge pickup might be an active. D and G strings played above the 12th fret are always going to sound smooth and creamy. E string sounded harsh to me.

• Try this:

1. Select a profile with the general feel you're after, but a bit lower gain

2. Set clean sens in the input section so the input LED barely lights yellow, never red, leave distorted sens at 0

3. Put a Green Screamer in one of the stomp slots before the amp, drive = 1.0 / tone = -2.2 / volume = 1.0

4. In the amp block set bias to 3.3

5. In the tonestack section set highs to -1.5 (I often have to reduce bass as well on most profiles, depends on your FRFR)

6. In the cab section set high shift to -0.1

7. Add an analog delay with mix = 43% / delay = 370ms / bandwidth = 3.5 / center freq = -1.5 / duck = 2

8. Add some reverb (I usually go for small room), mix = 50% / reverb time = 2.2s / damping = 5 / predelay = 75ms / bandwidth = 3.5 / center freq = -1.5 / duck = 0

How does it sound now? Let me know ;)

• Great profiles for lead-guitar:

- Soundside.de: Bogner Goldfinger, Marshall Plexi E, Diezel VH-4, Marshall JVM 410H

- TAF: Friedman DirtyShirly, Redplates (CDS3 + Aurora), Engl Pack (Studio Monsters)

- Kemper-presets: Soldano SLO 100/3, TAF JCM800

- Rig Exchange: MarkV (Bjorn Gottfridsson)

My overall favourite: Bogner Goldfinger and Diezel VH-4 from Soundside.de, used it for nearly all lead-sounds on my last tour (60 shows).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Hi Guenter
    Which Diezel VH-4 from Soundside.de are you using?

• Love this forum, I went through and made the changes Deny posted to one of my lead patches. Pretty slick! Going to use it tomorrow night, never found the Green Screamer usable until now, always used Pure Boost.

• Hi Guenter
    Which Diezel VH-4 from Soundside.de are you using?

There's only one Diezel VH-4 available at Soundside.de, it's #29 with 121 (!) profiles. I just use the crunch and hi-gain profiles, although the clean profiles are not bad, too. But my overall clean favourites are Armin's '57 Fender Deluxe and Andy's '59 Fender Bassman.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Thank's for all the input!

I got my Kemper hooked directly to my sound card via audio cables. I record in my DAW but it sounds pretty much the same when I hook my headphones directly to the Kemper and play. I tried a few different guitars and it's pretty much the same, a lot of different profiles. Is there a setting I might have set wrong or need to change?

• Is it just me or is this another of those aimless posts that starts with getting a bad sound or similar? Then goes round in circles rather than using the suggestions given?

No idea of guitar, profile used, monitors, set up - really nothing of any real value.

The first 9 or 10 posts have given pretty direct ideas. Why don't you try some of these and reply where necessary? This should be in the trouble shooting forum in any case. :huh:

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• Thanks! Like the settings for Green Screamer, Delay and Reverb very much