Best way to audition profiles ?

• I play in a band where my KPA goes through the PA and I get a separate monitor feed back to my in ears.The channels on the desk are set flat EQ wise etc...

Problem is that I don't know how I can audition my rigs at home through my headphones or an amp / monitors etc.... and know that I'm getting a similar sound live out front ( due to coloration from devices , sound card etc... ) ....I think this issue may have come up before and if so then apologies

• There's no easy solution.

Studio monitors ideally don't hide anything, but your house PA might - so good quality studio monitors in a treated room might reveal every problem you have, but not the extra problems the PA might cause.
    Get to know your profiles. Hear them on every possible system, take notes, work systematically.
    When you get to your gig, take notes from off stage or have someone take them for you - find out if your PA sounds more like studio monitors, home theatre speakers or whatnot. Adjust for the next time.

Getting good sound is rarely about having good gear - it's about intimately knowing the gear you have.

EDIT: oh, and never audition anything on headphones. Ever.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Try to audition as close to stage volume as you can reasonably get, for starters. Our ears don't pick up sound the same at all volumes, so what sound great in your bedroom might be shit when you crank it up.

The other issue, as Quitty mentioned, is that you don't know how flat the PA is. This is a great place to use presets in your Kemper's output section - audition at home, play through the PA at soundcheck, use the output EQ to tweak your sound for that venue/PA, and save a specific output preset called "Jimbo's Bar and Grill".

• Is that your way of hinting to the KPA to hurry up with the foot controller and to give us some kind of editing software ;)

EDIT

What????? I posted this reply in a different thread and its ended up here (as you can tell my reply has nothing to do with this thread). That's very strange sorry guys don't know what happened here ???

• The in-ear mix is back through the desk though ....I run my monitor out into a channel on the desk which feeds back to my in ear pack with my vocals ( so I can control my own in ear guitar volume on the fly ) so I'm working on the basis that the flat eq on that channel gives the same 'affected' sound as the flat eq on my stereo FRFR guitar channels from my XLR channels out ( if that makes sense )

I dont use headphones to audition at home , usually I use sound card running through monitors , a Roland cube 60 and a GK ML50 for comparison all set flat