off topic here

• well, I'm italian (even though half german)......allow me this off topic but I have just seen the soccer game and this german team was unstoppable, to say the least. stellar performance.........

sory for this offtopic

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Yeah great performance and worthy winners! They could have scored 10 by the look of it! I would like to see Germany v Holland in the final.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• A well deserved win, but the Brazilian team isn't at its prime in this world cup, to say the least. Also I'm among the ones who think we should solve our corruption, incompetence, public health, public security and education issues BEFORE even thinking about hosting such an event. And since I am positive our (incredibly corrupt) government would certainly use a hypothetic Brazilian victory to boost its popularity aiming a reelection later this year, I was passionately rooting for Germany :)

• A well deserved win, but the Brazilian team isn't at its prime in this world cup, to say the least. Also I'm among the ones who think we should solve our corruption, incompetence, public health, public security and education issues BEFORE even thinking about hosting such an event. And since I am positive our (incredibly corrupt) government would certainly use a hypothetic Brazilian victory to boost its popularity aiming a reelection later this year, I was passionately rooting for Germany :)

Fair play to you, sir.

Cheers,
    Sam

• None of you thought it was odd they scored 4 goals within six minutes? Why didn't Germany dominate other teams like this? It's like the Brazilian side lay down to die.

What do you think the betting odds were on Germany beating Brazil by a significant margin like that? Probably more money made on betting in the final matches of the World Cup than than the whole even. A real tragedy, especially when you hear about things like organised ticket scalping, depriving honest fans -- most of them probably from Brazil -- from watching the event.

• I subscrive all your comments. I'm afraid Brasil lost for the simple reason that most part of the players play in europe. this way the old brasilian soccer school and tradition is kind of lost. Brasil Yesterday was a sort of european hybrid team.

nevertheless Germany was, as I said, unbeatable. if they play like this, i.e. flawlessly, on sunday, there won't be no argentina or holland or else to face them. it'll be a piece of cake.

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• I was in shock. Wearing my German away jersey in a former theater that is now a bar, I had the same expression as the Brazillion fans: Utter Shock

Shock that I was alive to see history in the making with so many records, Klose being the cool one to see.

That said, if you look at the stats, the game looked very even on paper, so it was entirely tactics that decided the score. It's hard to estimate the loss of two top players, the Brazilion squad having not practiced without them before, you can't make the same assumptions on the pitch that you do with players you work with all the time. It took them almost 40 minutes to adjust properly. But that damage was already done.

I imagine that Argentina will have a much smaller but similar problem to today, having lost Di Maria. But Messi makes a "mess" of defenders so this will be a 50:50 odds match today I suspect. A nail biter!

• Bizarre is probably a good word to describe it ... Germany was on a good day while Brazil was on their worst.

I am just happy my team made it - now hoping for a final against the Dutch ... although they might beat us ! They are probably the most complete team right now.

Everytime the german soccer team wins, comes somebody and says the opponent werent at their prime. Like Portugal, like Brazil, like Argentina 2006... :)

• Am I the only one who was playing his guitar instead of watching tv? ?(

well....after being in the studio countless hours every day for weeks to record the last song of my CD, thus having my guitar (and the kemper of course) in my hand permanently, I guarantee those two hours were relaxing. I used to play soccer almost professionally, but I don't like it anymore. nevertheless is was fine to watch...... :thumbup:

• The best part are the jokes on facebook, here's one from a friend of mine: "Today I woke up and felt something strange in my pillow. Looked under it and guess what I found? That's right, another goal from Germany" :D