Tuner unreliable

• Having an issue with the tuner changing pitch on me, was amost a full half step down by the 3rd set last night. Started a few shows ago and gets worse as time goes on. I will do an update to 2.4.2 from 2.4.1 later today and see if that fixes it but was wondering if anyone knew of any similar problems and a possible fix?

• You don't need to do a system reset, I think you just need to adjust the "Line Frequency" parameter in the SYSTEM menu. Resetting EVERYTHING is also a way to do it (Default is "50 Hz (Auto)"), but in no way appropriate.

• do you have a tremolo guitar? just asking to share my experience. the kpa tuner is very sensible. I tend to tighten the vibrato arm to have it in place (have the floyd rose/schaller) and it happens that when I tune my guitar with the arm pointing opposit to the fretboard the tuner shows a sensible increase in pitch. I think this is because the arm has a weight which counts to raise the angulation of the bridge.

isn't that maybe the case?

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• No, mine is fixed bridge but thanks for the tip on trem arms, my custom build will be ready in 2 weeks and it has a Gotoh trem. I've also never seen the line frequency parameter in the system menu, you guys rock!

• Glad to help!

The downside of this is:
    1) the user does not know what actually went wrong
    2) there is no backup of the previous state that could be sent to support, so if it would be a bug, it is impossible to fix it (but desirable)

• Was ready to smash my guitar on stage lol. Very frustrating so I'm happy it's gone, especially with 3 more shows this weekend. Will definitely take a different approach with issues moving forward, best thing about this site and my KPA is I feel like I'm part of a team!

• Was ready to smash my guitar on stage lol. Very frustrating so I'm happy it's gone, especially with 3 more shows this weekend. Will definitely take a different approach with issues moving forward, best thing about this site and my KPA is I feel like I'm part of a team!

Boy, isn't that the truth! I've not seldom been involved with a forum that has such a helpful, community feeling. :thumbup:

• The only way to 'detune' the tuner is the Master Tune parameter in the tuner display.
    I am afraid that you have accidently touched this knob without noticing it.
    The parameter is reset by a system reset.

• I used to tune up the "old school way" by using the guitar harmonics or tuning fork method. I find the Kemper much superior and more accurate then them. Also the Korg Pitchhawk does a wonderful job.

• I couldn't tell what was wrong I just knew when I used the tuner I was off pitch, heck I didn't even know the tuner had parameters lol. I did the system reset and it fixed the problem but in all likelihood I probably did knock the master tune parameter without knowing it.

• I used to tune up the "old school way" by using the guitar harmonics or tuning fork method. I find the Kemper much superior and more accurate then them. Also the Korg Pitchhawk does a wonderful job.

I find the Kemper tuner suits my purposes too. But there is no substitute to knowing what each string needs to sound like. Many people get messed up by floating bridges while tuning with a tuner, for example.

• The only way to 'detune' the tuner is the Master Tune parameter in the tuner display.
    I am afraid that you have accidently touched this knob without noticing it.

Happened to me once. Since then I pay attention to this parameter when tuning.