Stymphalian Productions - Mesa Dual Rectifier Metal Pack

• I bring you the new Stymphalian Productions Dual Rectifier pack!

This is a head I acquired recently and it is mind blowingly awesome! It's a '92 Rev E/F 2 channel rectifier and that's what has formed this profile pack. More info on the various sites etc but here it is along with a Suicide Silence death metal demo ;) (thanks Hannes!)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You can get the package here:

http://theblackstymphalian.big…dual-rectifier-metal-pack

• I didn't as this amp's clean channel isn't too great....the overdriven tones are where this amp shines!

When I owned one - which was probably made in 2000 and something - I found quite the opposite, that is I loved the cleans, couldn't stand the overdrive! Bass just impossible to tame, the whole tone kind of too crunchy...but again, I had no doubt you could make it sound focused and tight as fuck :D

• When I owned one - which was probably made in 2000 and something - I found quite the opposite, that is I loved the cleans, couldn't stand the overdrive! Bass just impossible to tame, the whole tone kind of too crunchy...but again, I had no doubt you could make it sound focused and tight as fuck :D

Yeah they improved the cleans a lot in the later models although im still digging the dirt from this one over my previous rectifiers i've owned. :thumbup:

Glad you're liking what you hear!

• Go get that pack. Srsly.

I never had fun playing a dual recto, neither live nor any profile, I just thought it didn't fit my playing.
    That changed with this pack!

Seems I'm just not a fan of the newer ones, and/or am too dumb to dial them in as well haha

• Go get that pack. Srsly.

I never had fun playing a dual recto, neither live nor any profile, I just thought it didn't fit my playing.
    That changed with this pack!

Seems I'm just not a fan of the newer ones, and/or am too dumb to dial them in as well haha

I am going to, I am actually deferring just because I seriously should get some things sorted out at work and owning the profile pack is most likely not going to be beneficial, in that regard :D

• Just picked up this pack. Once I get the profiles and mess around with it I'll post my thoughts. I have all of Stymphalian packs so far and I'm sure this one will be as great as the rest!

If you do some test-recording - try quadtracking and mix them with the 5150II profiles from Stymphalian. Sounds absolutly fantastic!

• Thanks guys! I think this is my favorite pack to date...I use all of these myself so there's no "secret profiles" around.

5150 and Recto compliment each other perfectly IMO!

• Jaymz, I had a chance to jam on these profiles today and you have another amazing pack here! I knew it wouldnt let me down. These profiles really bring out the heavy! I still havent tried any recording yet with them but I will soon.

Thanks again for all your profile offerings and supporting the KPA metal community!

• Thanks guys! I think this is my favorite pack to date...I use all of these myself so there's no "secret profiles" around.

5150 and Recto compliment each other perfectly IMO!

Do you usually mix them both in the rhythm tracks, and which do you use for leads? Bought your 5150 pack -- considering grabbing your new Recto pack (I'm not usually a DR fan but these sound amazing).

• Thanks Victor!!

Glaurung, If your quad tracking i'd layer up 2 tracks of the 5150 and 2 of the DR, one of each on each speaker to keep it even and give it some width. For leads I dig any of the lead profiles tbh but Recto6L is really cool. If you're talking about putting a lead into a mix then I always try and use the same cab at least as the rhythm tone, that way you wont be fighting too much to get the lead to sit in the mix. You can even use a rhythm tone and just bump up the mids via the KPA!

• Glaurung, If your quad tracking i'd layer up 2 tracks of the 5150 and 2 of the DR, one of each on each speaker to keep it even and give it some width. For leads I dig any of the lead profiles tbh but Recto6L is really cool. If you're talking about putting a lead into a mix then I always try and use the same cab at least as the rhythm tone, that way you wont be fighting too much to get the lead to sit in the mix. You can even use a rhythm tone and just bump up the mids via the KPA!

Thanks James -- you're awesome!