Rig switching latency? any ways to solve it?

• Agree. I see the same behaviour regardless of method used to switch between rigs. There's some caching going on that improve the switching along the way, and it seems there's room for improvements in future firmware. The KPA should at least load and prepare all slots in the currently selected performance for use, as well as groups of 5 or 10 of the numbered slots in browse-mode.

Great idea maybe, prep any presets that have midi program change numbers assigned so they load faster.

• The latency DOES exist and it DOES need addressing quickly.

If you're the single guitar player in a live band you will notice it and if you don't you need to pay more attention.

In my application when using the harmonizer on/off per rig it makes it even worse.

I'm very much hoping CK & crew will be concentrating on fixing the niggly things like this with a soon upcoming
    FW update OVER adding more features first.

• The improvement of the rig switching time has always been on our todo list. Since other important features are about to be finished, this topic has rised to a top position on the list :)

• The improvement of the rig switching time has always been on our todo list. Since other important features are about to be finished, this topic has rised to a top position on the list :)

While I am personally doing fine with it the way it is, there are obviously others that have a different usage model (metal band and the only guitarist) that it is really causing an issue for. In an otherwise nearly perfect product, it is nice to know that you and the others in your company are still on the ball with continuous improvement of the already fantastic product!

Thanks for being there for all of us Kemper users out here :)

I still feel like this was some of the best money I have ever spent on a piece of gear. I suspect I will always feel this way!

• I can't find the quote right now, but I'm 99% sure someone from Kemper previously said that this is what performance mode does. It's always possible that it does preload them and the switching latency is caused elsewhere in the box, who knows?

It may also be worth looking at other mechanisms than OS or I/O cache as I suspect the KPA rearranges and re-priorities its memory along the way. Sometimes the rig-switching time suddenly increases to several seconds, even within the same performance, if I have been playing one rig for a long time. There may be a memory leak in the code for all I know, but there are ways to handle cache within an application that makes it less exposed to re-prioritisation happening at a lower layer (operating system).

• Slightly OT, i've disabled the Autoload option, and when I press "Load" on the front panel to load a new profile it sometimes takes several seconds as well. To be more accurate, the previous profile stays on (and goes on playing) till the last moment.

I've posted this because it might shed light on the whole process, since the MIDI protocol management might not be the (only) bottleneck.

• since the MIDI protocol management might not be the (only) bottleneck.

Is it a problem at all?

MIDI itself is no bottleneck for program-changes with other similar devices so I fail to see why it should be a problem here. The information exchanged for switching rigs is nothing compared to the exchange between midi-instruments being played, or the midi-information involved in the synchronisation of mixers, DAWs and control-surfaces.

I have been worried about this since I got my profiler and that's the only reason why I haven't used it live yet. I play fast music based on quick changes where every milisecond counts so these are great news!

Thank you, that's the best answer I could get.