Tried a MM John Petrucci BFR 6 KOA

• I was curious so I went to GC and tried the Music Man John Petrucci BFR 6 KOA .

I fell in love with it when I saw it online. Such beautiful Koa wood.

But then I played it. I did not like the neck action at all. It was wide and thin. I much prefer the neck on my 2000 Jackson Soloist SL1.It plays like butter. This played like shit.

Its a shame, since the $3500 list price was reduced to $2399. It had been sitting in the store for a year. But even at that price I knew I wouldnt like playing it. And truthfully I just went there to see what all the fuss was about.

So Im just going to stick with my 2000 Jackson Soloist SL1, Suhr Classic Strat, Les Paul Traditional , James Tyler Variax and Esoterik DR3.

• It isn't for everyone. I have a EBMM JP12 BFR 7 string and it is outstanding especially with the stainless steel frets and ebony board. As you love the Jackson stuff, I simply have a general dislike for that brand of guitar and neck as well as their choice of frets. Not at all my cup of tea. It's all a part of us having things that we like and dislike which makes us unique.

Edited 2 times, last by PBGas ().

• Ahhhh. The sound of silence. Thanks Ignore function. :)

Hmm... what I don't get is: If you can't stand controversity as a result of your (often controversial) posts why post at all? What if anybody who is controversial to you gets your ignore? you end up in silence? And you comment on it and enjoy the silence, openly?
    Feels weird to me, please explain. By PN, if you like.

• Hmm... what I don't get is: If you can't stand controversity as a result of your (often controversial) posts why post at all? What if anybody who is controversial to you gets your ignore? you end up in silence? And you comment on it and enjoy the silence, openly?
    Feels weird to me, please explain. By PN, if you like.

I have the same feeling from lasvideo's reaction. :(
    I think it is really unnecessary to behave like this.
    Lasvideo, I think you should try to be more open-minded, positive and listen to what others are trying to say.
    Ignoring other's opinions is not the right way to be part of forum. Especially forum like this, where people are trying to be very kind.

• I listen very closely to what folks have to say. But when their communication includes rude, insulting or judgmental comments, they become history. I have no interest in hearing what they have to say from then on. Conduct yourselves as you chose. This is my approach to dealing with the wacky ways some folks choose to interact on the web :) If you dont like it....ignore me.. :D

Edited once, last by lasvideo ().

• I have the same feeling from lasvideo's reaction. :(
    I think it is really unnecessary to behave like this.
    Lasvideo, I think you should try to be more open-minded, positive and listen to what others are trying to say.
    Ignoring other's opinions is not the right way to be part of forum. Especially forum like this, where people are trying to be very kind.

done, on your request.

Most of his posts are so ridiculously stupid, they are funny. I love reading them.

8)

• Most of his posts are so ridiculously stupid, they are funny. I love reading them.

8)

Actually you're right.
    Creating a monster thread after buying a bad guitar, suspecting the profiler to be the culprit, even buying an Axe Fx II, and only then realizing it's a bad guitar is quite embarassing.
    Being immune to helpful advice given for free is quite embarassing.
    Being rude to people only trying to help is, well, simply rude.

But the imagination of a forum doing the ROFLMAO about some of his posts without him even realizing it because he's dwelling in silence (because he put the 'opponents' on his ignore list) is quite amusing.

So no, I don't need an ignore button for lasvideo, as I may soon end up on his ignore list myself.
    But I will continue to comment on his posts if I feel like it.
    That's what an open forum is for.

• I listen very closely to what folks have to say. But when their communication includes rude, insulting or judgmental comments, they become history. I have no interest in hearing what they have to say from then on. Conduct yourselves as you chose. This is my approach to dealing with the wacky ways some folks choose to interact on the web :) If you dont like it....ignore me.. :D

I've read this thread twice, but found nothing "rude, insulting or judgmental" except your post at the beginning. Could you explain which post do you mean? I don't understand what you expect, if you say a good guitar plays like shit ("rude, insulting or judgmental"), but the same model worked for thousands of other guitarists.
    I'm really confused. ?(

• I've read this thread twice, but found nothing "rude, insulting or judgmental" except your post at the beginning. Could you explain which post do you mean? I don't understand what you expect, if you say a good guitar plays like shit ("rude, insulting or judgmental"), but the same model worked for thousands of other guitarists.
    I'm really confused. ?(

I'm very interested in this point too! Not the first time I feel like ?( when I read posts of lasvideo. And I have the strong feeling that I'm not the only one. Hard to stand people who always think that all other people behave strange except themselves...

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• My name is Paco and I'm in the ignore list of lasvideo.

Being immune to helpful advice given for free is quite embarassing.
    Being rude to people only trying to help is, well, simply rude.

This is what happened in that thread. I'll continue commenting in his threads too if I feel like it.

Back to the subject, sometimes you cannot really judge a guitar by playing it a few minutes in a shop. Some of them are so different than the ones you already have that you need some time to get used to them. This happened to me with my LSL T-Bone (a Telecaster). His neck was so different from my LP, my Strat, and all other guitars I have had, that I thought I would never get used to it. But 18 months later, It's my favorite guitar in every aspect.

[Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3645952/highlander2dv.jpg]

Edited once, last by pacocito ().

• I'm also in the "huh?" category regarding rude/insulting posts in this thread. I really don't understand what sparked lasvideo's response...

Anyway, I've got a JP6 w/piezo and the neck definitely took some getting used to, especially since I don't usually play wide-thin necks. That said, after I did adjust to it I really like it - and it does sound great through the KPA (and having the acoustic piezo sounds really makes the guitar quite versatile).

• I'm also in the "huh?" category regarding rude/insulting posts in this thread. I really don't understand what sparked lasvideo's response...

Anyway, I've got a JP6 w/piezo and the neck definitely took some getting used to, especially since I don't usually play wide-thin necks. That said, after I did adjust to it I really like it - and it does sound great through the KPA (and having the acoustic piezo sounds really makes the guitar quite versatile).

Nothing in this thread specifically, I don't think. It was the strat thread. He was rude to several people in that thread, that were trying to HELP him (calling people douche bags etc..) for no reason at all.