From 2.1.1.8823 to 2.4.2.9817 sounds different

• I brought my KPA after some time up to date and have changed from OS 2.1.1.8823 to 2.4.2.9817. Now my crunch sounds sound different. Is it the change of the Clean Sense parameter to db? So far, my CleanSense parameter 6.4, in db db it should be according to Table 3.4, but the sounds are now more distorted. I have tried to reduce the Clean Sense parameter, but can not get back to "my" sound (TAF Fender profiles). After several hundred gigs with the KPA I know exactly how my guitar should sound...

Is this is a known bug or am I the only one with this problem? ?(

Play it like you mean it.

• Yes, reamp a short guitar clip with both versions and the same settings.

If you don't want to reamp - use a looper pedal.

Post the two clips here or send them to support.

Note:
    Check if your rigs use any advanced CAB parameters - they may be the root for sound differences.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Thanks. for your input and advise - at the moment I'm unfortunatly in a very busy shedule and have not the time to roll back and forward and make records - I'll do that later.

Play it like you mean it.

• the sounds are now more distorted. I have tried to reduce the Clean Sense parameter, but can not get back to "my" sound (TAF Fender profiles). (

If the sounds are more distorted you should rather check (lower) Dist Sens, as Kempermaniac pointed out.

:)

• They are more distorded and sound more creamy with 2.5 here.
    I like it though i would like to have the choice. :whistling:
    I feel the cleans sound more "rich" too if it makes sense.
    There is more bass too. IMO

Edited 2 times, last by mba ().

• They are more distorded and sound more creamy with 2.5 here.
    I like it though i would like to have the choice. :whistling:
    I feel the cleans sound more "rich" too if it makes sense.
    There is more bass too. IMO

what? from 2.4.2 to 2.5 beta?

90% of the game is half-mental.

• The OP's problem seems psychological to me. If you'd like, record with 2.4.2, then downgrade firmware and reamp through 2.1.1. I don't think you'll find any difference. Happens to all of us.

That said, wasn't Kemper Amplifiers planning to do some tweaking to make clean sense reduce further than was possible? Did that happen yet?

Also, this isn't the problem firmware, where the sounds changed, is it? I think that was 2.4.1, but just checking.

• what? from 2.4.2 to 2.5 beta?

Yep but i am probably wrong, i often feel a difference.

The OP should try to perform a system reset :_ push the system button while you start your kemper.
    I always do that after a new firmware, it has fixed sound change in the past.