- Victory Silverback
    - Fender hot rod deluxe III
    - Carvin VL300 legacy 3
    - Two rock john mayer signature
    - Vox night train 30
    - Dumble steel string singer
    - Fender blues junior III
    - Fender Hotrod Deville III

• I have most of those on my to-do-list so all looks good : )

Regarding the 2Rock. - Ive already (just) profiled a very rare and early tworock, (the JM sig was based on it) the ToneMerchants one.. only 2 was ever made, and I have #1 of 2. - its a dumble style amp structure, similar to that of the JM Sig amp. - so you might find that as a good option too.

Best
    Andy

Regarding the 2Rock. - Ive already (just) profiled a very rare and early tworock, (the JM sig was based on it) the ToneMerchants one.. only 2 was ever made, and I have #1 of 2. - its a dumble style amp structure, similar to that of the JM Sig amp. - so you might find that as a good option too.

Best
    Andy

Is this two rock currently in the store? I couldn't find it.

Duesenberg CC Fullerton, Heritage H535, Guild Starfire 4 ST, Fender American Standard Strat and Tele, Taylor 816CE, Fender Precision bass, Suhr Badger 35 Amp Head, 1x12 cab w/Scumback M75, 1x12 cab w/Celestion G12m-65 Creamback, Fractal Audio Systems AX8, 2 DXR10's, Kemper Profling Amp, Presonus Studio One 3 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 8Pre, Vox AC15, Vox NT G2 and more pedals than I should own.

• Looking forward to your future releases, Andy.

BTW, I have noticed the other day that Marshall seemingly has given you a bit of a headache by making you not use their name for your profiles anymore.
    Your "UKGold" profiles now merely are "seeking to re-create the sound of a Marshall" amp ...

Goodness, they must be frightened ;)

• Looking forward to your future releases, Andy.

BTW, I have noticed the other day that Marshall seemingly has given you a bit of a headache by making you not use their name for your profiles anymore.
    Your "UKGold" profiles now merely are "seeking to re-create the sound of a Marshall" amp ...

Goodness, they must be frightened ;)

Yes this is true!..They have been snapping at my heals for a while now..I thought it was over, but they came back with other quirks they had..so in the end I decided to change it totally to keep it all satisfied, and also everything else while I'm at it!...ironic really as marshall are the ones who supplied me with a lot of the amps. and they knew what I was doing!..and loved the fact that you can "catalouge" some historic amps. - ah well!

Finding names are very hard lol.. they just look like garbage most of the time.... least we have "Seeking to re-create the sound of <real amp name>" still.. least we can still understand it then :)

• Yes this is true!..They have been snapping at my heals for a while now..I thought it was over, but they came back with other quirks they had..so in the end I decided to change it totally to keep it all satisfied, and also everything else while I'm at it!...ironic really as marshall are the ones who supplied me with a lot of the amps. and they knew what I was doing!..and loved the fact that you can "catalouge" some historic amps. - ah well!

Finding names are very hard lol.. they just look like garbage most of the time.... least we have "Seeking to re-create the sound of " still.. least we can still understand it then :)

I completely understand this, Andy.

However, although highly entertaining, the story about Marshall is a bit bewildering. Perhaps they have under-estimated the KPA in the beginning and now realised the extent or impact of it for the music instruments industry (which is generally struggling for quite a few years).

I for one (who has an innate bias towards provocation ... well, casually), would have chosen "Mosh All" for Marshall ... "Lemon" or "Tangerine" for Orange ... "7ender" for Fender and so forth :) ;)

I can recommend to check the European patent office´s website for word mark copyrights.
    I think the "Intellectual Property Office" in London offers something similar on their website.
    I should imagine that there are some "word marks" with expired copyrights that you don´t have to worry about anymore

Cheers

• Yeah some of those are good..that I might use :) (don't sue me lol)

Marshall are a bit in panic mode, they know ALL about the kemper, and are just paranoid. - it was clear before, but this was more on the new trademarks they have patented, such as JTM, JMP, DSL etc.. that is now property of them...
    Still.. we must go on!.

Right.... back to my Fernder amp now..

Best
    Andy

I have a lovely Carvin L3 I could loan for profiling purposes if you need in return for a profile pack or two ;) I live in Stroud but my company is based in Weybridge - I go in every 2 - 4 weeks so could drop the amp off on one visit and pick up on another?

• I have a lovely Carvin L3 I could loan for profiling purposes if you need in return for a profile pack or two ;) I live in Stroud but my company is based in Weybridge - I go in every 2 - 4 weeks so could drop the amp off on one visit and pick up on another?

Thats very kind offer, however we are in the middle of a move currently, - relocation from London to Norwich, its a waiting game here before we get the green light.. so most of my studio is in bits & boxes..

But if you float around Norwich then come on by :)

• That's funny and interesting that Marshall would be in paranoid mode over TAF's profiles.

I recently bought a Marshall amp. It's a DSL40c that's had the speaker swapped out for a Creamback 65 and I absolutely love it.

Why did I buy it? Primarily because of Andy's various Marshall profiles! I've experimented with several different brands of amps over the years and I've bought a lot of commercial profiles of all kinds of amps. In the end, based on hands-on experience, profiles, videos, and soundclips I've come to the conclusion that I'm just a Marshall kind of guy...and it seems like I like just about all of them! No other amp brand seems to do it for me as much as Marshall. Guess it makes sense...most of the tones I grew up with and love came from Marshall amps.

No doubt I will buy more Marshalls in the future and TAF has given me the unique opportunity to virtually "play" several different models that I'd never have the chance to come across in the real world.

• If I ever win a lottery, I will immediately buy the 1962 Marshall Bluesbreaker Limited Edition. And there's a couple more I would like to own for sure.
    But I think the problem isn't just about sales numbers. As soon as the legal department gets notice of someone using their brand names, they are kind of forced to take action. Because if a brand owner fails to actively defend / protect his brand name he can loose the entire protection of his brand.
    Probably Andy didn't deal with the guys wearing expensive suits in Marshall's offices but with the nice guys who deal with the actual amps and cabinets instead of sitting at an office desk when he got the gear to profile. :) Two completely different pairs of shoes ... as everywhere.

• Yeah some of those are good..that I might use :) (don't sue me lol)

Don´t worry Andy, they´re royalty free ... ;)

As well as these:

Kornfeld (I like the idea but would suggest a teutonic "K")
    Mesa Boogie = "MoBee"
    Laney = "Lonnie"
    Bogner = "Bagnrrr" or "Boner" ( :D ... sorry) ... "Boner Goldmember" ... 8) ... oh, shut up ...
    Diezel = Kerosene
    Divided by 13 = "Friday the 13th" or "Lucky Number" or "Lucky 13"
    Hiwatt = "Say What?"
    Vox = "Voice" (Duh ...)
    Redplate = "Red Anode"
    Selmer = "Thelma"

Enough brainstorming for today...

So, you´re heading up Norwich ... nice historic town centre ... and Northern Norfolk is a beautiful area as well. A good friend of mine lives in a village outside Norwich ...
    Have some lunch at the "Lighthouse Inn" in Walcott and order smoked mackerel sandwich ... yum. ;)

• Andy

If you ever have a chance I would love to buy profiles from any of the Jackson Ampworks amps out of Texas...especially the Britain 30 (Voxlike) or the Newcastle...I am absolutely sold on your Two Rock profiles...you do great work!

• Andy

If you ever have a chance I would love to buy profiles from any of the Jackson Ampworks amps out of Texas...especially the Britain 30 (Voxlike) or the Newcastle...I am absolutely sold on your Two Rock profiles...you do great work!

Ive been on a waiting list for Jackson amps for a long while.. I wanted to get 2 of there amps. - I'll chase them tommrow, see what the wind will bring in.

Thanks for reminding me about that!

And glad you dig the 2 Rocks :)