to Andy from Amp Factory

• Would love to see profiles for:
    Bludotone
    Brown Note
    Glaswerks
    Jackson Ampworks (as already mentioned)
    Dr Z Maz 18

Duesenberg CC Fullerton, Heritage H535, Guild Starfire 4 ST, Fender American Standard Strat and Tele, Taylor 816CE, Fender Precision bass, Suhr Badger 35 Amp Head, 1x12 cab w/Scumback M75, 1x12 cab w/Celestion G12m-65 Creamback, Fractal Audio Systems AX8, 2 DXR10's, Kemper Profling Amp, Presonus Studio One 3 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 8Pre, Vox AC15, Vox NT G2 and more pedals than I should own.

• ++11 on the Jackson Ampworks.

I put that on the "wish list" when Andy started his site. :)

As for the "Deputies". The problem with the legal departments is also that one usually cannot afford to test whether they are right or wrong. They may not understand that they are shooting themselves in the foot though. Top Dog behavior does not attract me at all.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I have most of those on my to-do-list so all looks good : )

Regarding the 2Rock. - Ive already (just) profiled a very rare and early tworock, (the JM sig was based on it) the ToneMerchants one.. only 2 was ever made, and I have #1 of 2. - its a dumble style amp structure, similar to that of the JM Sig amp. - so you might find that as a good option too.

Best
    Andy

I'm interested in that one. :thumbup: Is that a "Tone Merchants Metal" amp or am I confusing it with something else?

I hope to see some of the new Supro amps as time moves along. A friend has seen their lineup and says they are pretty true to the originals.

• Yeah that's the amp, but don't let the name fool you.. its very very far from a "metal" amp!.....

I figured such was the case. :) Dave Friedman is a well rounded guy and builds what some guitarists are looking for. I like the amps he has built from the mod days through the Friedman branded amps.

My one beef is that most folk that have done profiles of his amps tend to dial them in to early "Eddie Van Halen" top end territory. < a minor personal peeve > It really isn't the only useful high gain or crunch tone his amps do.

Dave's store, Tone Merchants, does some very nice work and he does truly build a versatile amp that does high gain covering a wide ground.

I'm hoping the Z-Wreck is part of the upcoming releases as well!!

As usual, I'm excited to see what you have coming next!!

:thumbup:

Edited once, last by 1fastdog ().

• Would love to see some PRS amps profiled, especially the Archon, DG30 and Paul's Amp. I understand they would be hard to come by because of the 110V, there is an export version of the Archon though...

p.s. I bought Amp Pack 2 last night, loving the BE-100, Trainwreck and Evil Robot! :thumbup: Can't wait to gig with them!

• Well I'll tell you what I have here so far..

TwoRock ToneMerchants, TwoRock Corel (Dumble), 65 Amps StonePony, Magnatone Super 15, Magnatone Super V (These are the Original EvilRobot style amps), Cornell Green Plexi (one of the best Plexi clones ever), Fuchs Train-45 (Trainwreck clone / dumble style, but with a twist), BadCat Club Plus, Carr Mecuary & an old 6V6 Vintage Slant, a Very old bruised Original 68 Orange prototype 68 A30, BrownTone CC50 (a 1970 model from a company that went bust in 71, but they produced this amp before it went under, so rare is an understatement!..) - a Modded 72 VibroKing that has a different drive sound and running an early Gold speaker (sounds epic), there is also a Splawn in there too.. and a few others im missing...Ah yes and the Friedman HBE (similar to the BE, but err more gain and different EQ section) - and if interested...a Fender Pawnshop thingy! (there newest released amp)..

So that's quite a few!..I think this lot will cover ALL styles of music!..

Goose-bumping-ly excited!

• You can add that DrZ to that anytime you like Andy :thumbup:

• Hi Andy,
    how do you see the chance that you will offer profiles in the future that have been refined with Humbucker and single coil pickups seperately ?

I find it does make a difference if one plays a profile with a SC guitar that has been refined with a humbucker guitar (or vice versa).

What are your thoughts on this?

• Well its a difficult one to answer Revilo..

When I do profiles I do them in "various" settings, normally optimal for each style, as I use HB and SC guitars, I try to find the sweetspot for a SC, Profile it, switch guitars and do the same. Profile it, and then normally a 3rd that's in-between (or can work with both) - this works to some degree, but due to the overwhelmingly vast amount of differently voiced guitars & equipment out there, I cannot be scientific about it.. - Profiles will always be an approximation no matter how hard I try..however, the best way is to take one that's close and fiddle with the EQ (post or Pre) and it will take you there 95% of the time..

The profiles I make are yours to make your own, and to work with your equipment..sometimes this means deep tweeking, other times it requires nothing doing at all..

At testing stage I have a small tight nit team who beta test them before release, and we always agree on the selection of profiles to release based on the above (the majority of working). needless to say, we can be wrong, but also can be very right too (I prefer this one)

If your looking for more overall tones without any tweaking needed, then may I suggest Armins profiles, his profiles are captured differently to mine, but captures 80 or so profiles per amp.. in every setting, this you can find what works for you exactly?

• Hi Andy,

thanks for your explanation on how you approach your profiling.

Just in case you misunderstood me, it was not my intention to criticise your way of making profiles, it was just a question out of curiosity.
    It will never keep me off from buying your profiles ...

BTW, how long does your summer sale last ?

Cheers