Information about Factory Rig Revision (July 2014)

• As of today all Kemper factory rigs are either brand new or have been revised regardless if these are included in firmware 2.5 or available as separate rig packs on our download page. It is our intent to improve quality and consistency of settings as well as tagging of our factory rigs. We have for example fixed a few accidental settings of input parameters or tempo. Amplifiers and cabinets should now appear with unique names to improve effectiveness of searching and sorting. The tag „Rig Comment“ now reflects the source of a factory rig e. g. „KEMPER Rig Pack 02“ in order to make it easier to identify our factory rigs.

Rest assured there is no automated replacement of older rig versions taking place. Your rig browse pool stays unaffected, if you just upgrade to firmware 2.5! You could decide to completely ignore our factory rig revision. However if you want to benefit from the improvements mentioned, this requires some thought.

All factory rigs have at least got a new time stamp, sometimes even a modified rig name. Therefor if you import such new rigs either directly from the firmware (softbutton „Factory Rigs“ in the SYSTEM Menu) or choose to import any rig packs from our download page, you might end up with a lot of duplicates. Perhaps in your case, these are just a few and you can simply identify and manually delete the older revisions in the PROFILER user interface or via Rig Manager. If you sort all rigs by creation date it might be easy to identify the older revisions. If there are too many old factory rigs in your browse pool it might be more convenient to delete them as a whole before you import the new revisions. Perhaps you could mark rigs that you want to keep as favorites and just delete the rest leveraging the function „Erase Non-Favorites“ in the SYSTEM menu. Alternatively in Rig Manager you can sort rigs in many different ways and delete a bunch of rigs in one go. Last not least there is always the possibility to open a PROFILER backup archive and perform a clean-up on a PC or MAC. This procedure is explained in great detail here:

http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…page=Thread&threadID=5596

• Thanks Burkhard :)

All the Factory Rigs on my unit are untweaked, and I've got all of them installed. What would be the cleanest/fastest way to get rid of all the old versions and get the newest instead?

Thanks

• I'd say: Make sure that no factory rig is a favorite on your KPA, erase non-favorites, update to 2.5, import new factory rigs, done.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I copy all rigs on my profiler into a folger in RigManager (e.g. Backup July 2014). Then I delete all my rigs on my profiler. Next, I install all the factory rigs (system button). When the factory conent is installed, I then copy thes to again another folder in RigManager (e.g. Factory Content July 2014). Again I erase all the profiles on my profiler. If I want to, I can now copy my initial backup back to the profiler. And if I want to go through the factory conent, I do that using the folger I have created in RigManager.

• I copy all rigs on my profiler into a folger in RigManager (e.g. Backup July 2014). Then I delete all my rigs on my profiler. Next, I install all the factory rigs (system button). When the factory conent is installed, I then copy thes to again another folder in RigManager (e.g. Factory Content July 2014). Again I erase all the profiles on my profiler. If I want to, I can now copy my initial backup back to the profiler. And if I want to go through the factory conent, I do that using the folger I have created in RigManager.

Why not simply extract everything in a folder in RM, preview from there and copy those you like.
    I keep only favorites on my Kemper anyway.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Thanks guys :)

Since the factory rigs are buried among 1000+ others, I was hoping for a faster solution.

Here's another example of how a stronger tags management system would be extremely helpful :)
    OTOH, adding to the UI a couple of commands specifically addressed to factory rigs (Select FRs, Delete FR, Delete non-tweaked FRs...) would help as well.

• It would be nice if the factory rigs were accessible via RM, just as the Rig Exchange. That way we could preview and add as desired.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• It would be nice if the factory rigs were accessible via RM, just as the Rig Exchange. That way we could preview and add as desired.

You can create a folder called Factory Rigs. Download the Factory rigs and unzip them, then import them into your Factory Rigs folder. Really simple to set up, then you can easily preview any of them.

• Hi!I have installed the revised version of the Lasse Lammert rig pack and I find the sound is a little different from the original pack (from October '13).
    I have not checked if all the rigs of the pack are in this case, but I can notice a difference when comparing the profile called 'Surgery' with the exact same settings between revised and original rig pack.

Can a Kemper team member tell me what was changed exactly? (I use the last firmware 2.5.0)

• As it's written in the README of firmware 2.5.0: INPUT settings (Clean Sens, Distortion Sens, Noise Gate) were normalized, Tempo disabled, tags standardized.

I know what's new in firmware 2.5.0, I am comparing both profiles (old and actual from Lasse's rig pack) in firmware 2.5.0: the sound should be identical, but it is not, that's why I ask what has been done to this new rig pack?

• My profiles were created with high output pickups in mind, and I'm primarily playing high output pickups myself.
    in order to get the best tone I adjusted the clean/dist sense on my kemper accordingly (so it's NOT in the middle/normalised position) cause that caused the clean sounds to clip.
    you'll get the best sound (or at least the sound I intended) not necessarily with normalised settings but with settiing that match YOUR pickups.
    If you're using high output pickups as well, chances are normalised sense-settings aren't the way to go....adjust them to your pickups.

I gotta say that I have not yet tried the "normalised" versions of my rigs though as I'm still using the original ones, cause that's how I created them.

Here are my current settings:

Clean Sense: -12dB
    Dist Sense: 0dB

Those settings and the original profiles should deliver the sounds I'm using here.