Re-amping

• Does anyone know if it is possible to re-amp. What I am trying to understand is once I record a sound using DI from the Kemper how can I change the guitar tone/sound without having to play the riff again? I know it can be done on other models such as the Fractal Axe Fx but can it be don with Kemper? Thanks for the taking the time to read and respond.

mojo

:thumbup: "A single note can be short lived but a melody will last a life time." Paul Muller

• You simply send the signal from your computer to the kemper via your audio interface, i.e. replace guitar with computer output.

The best method for this is via SPDIF. On the Kemper you enable SPDIF input in the input section then in your DAW you route the output of your dry track to the SPDIF output, you then record from the SPDIF in to another track/channel in your DAW to record the re-amped signal.

The Kemper will coincidentally also act as a fully fledged re-amp box allowing you to re-amp through real amps via it's outtput/input section at the rear (just like profiling), using the same SPDIF technique.

• Thanks for the replies, I will take a look in the manual. The thing is when I record and I think I have the sound I am looking for I want to be able to mess around with different tones to see if something sounds better. Thanks again for the help.

:thumbup: "A single note can be short lived but a melody will last a life time." Paul Muller

• Not sure I understand your doubts, but the basic trick consists in the fact that you always record a dry signal together with a processed one. So, reamping for changing the sound would involve sending the dry signal back to the Profiler, processing it in real time and record it again; then, getting rid of the original processed recording. OTOH, you can also reamp several times and stack a number of different tracks.

HTH :)

• Yea, basically I am recording a tone into my DAW, no FX at all. My question is if I am using a certain type of amp and I want to change it to a different amp can that be done with the Kemper. THe way I understand it is yes it can be. That is what I need to figure out.

• Yes you can, you need to record the dry signal as well (or instead of) your wet signal.

You can do that either through the Kemper itself (one of it's S/PDIF modes offers this option, wet left, dry right), or if you can't sacrifice stereo then go into the Hi-Z on your interface from the guitar and route that directly to the S/PDIF using your interface's routing control, record both guitar input and Kemper output in your DAW. This way you record both wet and dry tracks simultaneously for future re-amping in required.

• Holy smokes, I have got to sit down and re-read this a few times. But thanks for the info, I will dive into this tomorrow in the am.

• Somebody should make a step by step video for re-amping with the Kemper and put it on the tube. It sure would help out alot of us newbies to re-amping. It can get confusing sometimes describing things. Vids are always so helpful to see the process in action

• Nightlight, thanks for the breakdown. I have not tried the method yet, but give a few days and I will let you know how it turns out. With this way I guess and can change the amp, preset cab or anything else continuously until I find excatl what I am looking for?