Volume &EQ for whole Performance

• I don't know if this is possible. But due to the many volume controlls inside the rig (stompboxes, amp, EQ,cabinet etc) - which is a cool thing on one hand - the rigs have various volumes. If you like to use different rigs in song and organize songs in performance it take's a lot of time to adjust volumes of the slots. Nevertheless it's great feature.
    But what is much harder is to adjust the volume of a whole song, because you have to dial in every slot. It would be cool to have a controll that adjusts volume and EQ of a whole perfomance. That way you could adjust the volumes within one song and after that adjusts the volumes of the song for a whole set. That would be a real time saver.
    At the moment I'm working with level meters. But this is not reliabel. In Band context volumes seem different than on the level meter.

• +1

I use one performance per song. It took me some time for adjusting volumes for different rigs within a performance at home. If i go back to band rehearsel and find out the overall volume in a performance is to low, but other performances are ok, it takes too much time to adjust it during band practice. It would be really great to have a separate performance volume.

• +1

!!!

Performance mode is too complex to be tweaked on rehearsal room having other band's members complaining.
    We need at least a RM function to compose the KPA performances.

I have exactly the same problem in the rehearsal romm.
    We do you mean with "RM function"?

+1
    erformance per song. It took me some time for adjusting volumes for
    different rigs within a performance at home. If i go back to band
    rehearsel and find out the overall volume in a performance is to low,
    but other performances are ok, it takes
    I use one p too much time to adjust it during band practice. It would be really great to have a separate performance volum

Exactly!

• +1

Some sort of Master compressor/normalize function would be awesome, especially for trying to balance high-gain tones and sparkly Jazz Chorus cleans.

I'm not sure if this solves the problem I come up with in this thread. Actually it turns out that the "lower gain / clean slots" I dial in in a performance turns out to be too loud in the rehearsel room most of the time.
    But of course this is something I have to get used to.
    And maybe a Master compressor is a good thing for your purposes.

• It's all pretty easy:
    Set the volumes of each effect or stomp that you use to middle position (zero), if they do not have a specific purpose.
    Set Clean Sens correctly for your guitar.
    Doing that you have the best chance to have all your rigs on roughly the same basic volume.

For a band setup, don't use a meter, but your ear.
    Set the volumes in the rehearsal.
    Turn the big volume knob on the bottom and save the performance.
    You can set multiple rig volumes by setting them and move to the next slot by the Rig Right button (or Left). Then save the whole performance. Takes 10 to 20 seconds.

• This means if i use the buttons to navigate through the slots all volume changes will be internally stored and i only need to press store butten at the end of the chain. Interesting, never tried this method before. Makes it a easier and faster to change the performance volume, but a performance master volume would be much easier. :rolleyes:

• The important thing is to change rigs as you go using the buttons on the Kemper, not a midi foot controller, otherwise the performance 'resets' to the previous saved state, losing any changes you made to the rigs in the performance before you've had a chance to save. I found this out the hard way...

Cheers,
    Sam

• A volume control per Performance will add another volume stage to the game and make things more complicated.
    You will rarely be in a situation where you have to change the volume of all slots of a Performance by the exact same amount. I guess you will agree with that.

• You will rarely be in a situation where you have to change the volume of all slots of a Performance by the exact same amount.

My experience is talking different :)
    When you are trying to configure a set of songs to be used in a rehearsal, you are in that situation. You have some high volume in a performance, you have another in another performance.
    Or, think at this case: you are playing rehearsal of a song, and you and the band want try to play a song more softly or more hardly...

There is no way to quickly set up a constant level between different songs. A good solution could be a sort of "lock" mode that sends the volume tweak to the whole slot bay if you hold down some hw button. Not so difficult ;)

(my English is very poor, so what I write and how it sounds... Sorry! :) )

f.

• I see the problem and it's also apparent to me.
    Currently I solve it by adjusting the monitor volume (when playing via my guitat-cab) and/or by adjusting the main volume (in the output-section) for the P.A..