Rig Manager Mac Public Beta

• No more virtual box and windows nagging me that my demo has expired. A nice little icon on my screen.
    This rocks!

There are some minor things (beta is beta), but it works.

Thank you kemper team! Keep up the good work. Now about that footcontroller. :D

• WOWZERS!!!! Oh hell yeah the Mac Rig Manager has transformed my whole Kemper experience! It's incredible, I see all the profiles on my Kemper, I see all the profiles on the Rig exchange. I can click on any profile and it instantly loads in my KPA if its already there, no more scrolling with the knobs to hunt for my profiles! If I like a profile from the RE I can simply store it. This is fantastic! And I can make folders for my profiles. Great job KPA! The RM for Mac has really brought a whole new level of bad assery to the KPA!

• Us Mac owners having been missing out on the Rig Manager; but having downloaded the Beta, it's been well worth the wait. I am thrilled with how it looks, what it does and how it does it. I have now completely reorganised my Amp collections and I really love the fact you can checkout a profile without having to load it up first. My KP amp is the best thing that has happened to my music in 45 years of playing, and this software is the cream (and the cherry) on top...I will never be without a KP...

Thanks to all involved...you are awesome!!!

James

• Where on my Mac are the "Local Library" files stored? I found in my home/library/application support/Kemper/Rig Manager/Local Library/ folder nothing other than a sub folder I created within Rig Manager. I want to make sure I don't sabotage myself later since we're still in the beta phase! It seems to be working OK though. I noticed once it wasn't switching amps when I clicked on the list but I restarted it and it worked again. So far so good.

Dave
    music producer/guitarist
    4 room facility running Logic, PT and DP-
    Current amps-Kemper, Peavy C30, Fender Blues Deville- lots of pedals
    DBW Studio | YouTube | Facebook
    come and profile your amp at my studio!

Edited once, last by daveyboy ().

• Where on my Mac are the "Local Library" files stored? I found in my home/library/application support/Kemper/Rig Manager/Local Library/ folder nothing other than a sub folder I created within Rig Manager. I want to make sure I don't sabotage myself later since we're still in the beta phase! It seems to be working OK though. I noticed once it wasn't switching amps when I clicked on the list but I restarted it and it worked again. So far so good.

The file(s) is hidden I think so make sure that you run the necessary terminal command to make them visible. You could also use a program like Path Finder 6 which has a free 30 day trial.

• I have an iMac running on 10.7.5
    I have installed the Rig Manager software without any problems
    'Thew "test login details" says ok
    iI have set the same author name in the software and in the profiler and in the software
    I have connected a USB cable från the Kemper to my iMac.

I get no response on the profiler.

When I change the patch nothing happens o the profiler

I hope some of you guys can solve my problem!

Mike

• Do you use the proper USB connection (NOT the one where connect the stick)?

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Not working for me, I was running parallels and using the windows version, the mac version opens for me, I can import all of my profiles but it does not control the kemper? I am running OSX 10.7.5, system profiler shows the kemper connected to the usb port? I have tried installing Rig Manager several times but no change..........go figured I killed my windows install before fully trying the mac version out....doh!

• Quite buggy... I'm using RM beta for Mac since its release, but it's not comfortable to work with. RM under W7/Parallels Desktop works much better, I have the following issues:

- From time to time RM is endlessly syncing rigs, I have to quite the programm
    - Sometimes it's not possible to rename more than 1 (!) profile, RM just doesn't react anymore (freezing?), I have to close and open RM again
    - Suddenly whole names are disappearing or names are changing "mystically"

I don't have all these problems with RM under W7/Parallels Desktop, so I went back to this version.

I'm using Mavericks (10.9.4), is everybody satisfied with RM for Mac, are there more users having troubles?

One last thing: I urgently want to get rid of this rating-window, is there any chance?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Guenter, I reported quite a few problems within the first two days. Can't say I am happy, but I try hard not to go back to Parallells/Win. I am also on 10.9.4 MBA/MBP (late 2012). I tried it on 10.8.5 before and it was worse.
    The sync freezes appear randomly. What hardware do you have? I know that Apple usually does a good job with older hardware, but I doubt that Kemper would release a public beta if they had experienced some of the more obvious problems themself.

H

• Guenter, I reported quite a few problems within the first two days. Can't say I am happy, but I try hard not to go back to Parallells/Win. I am also on 10.9.4 MBA/MBP (late 2012). I tried it on 10.8.5 before and it was worse.
    The sync freezes appear randomly. What hardware do you have? I know that Apple usually does a good job with older hardware, but I doubt that Kemper would release a public beta if they had experienced some of the more obvious problems themself.

H

I'm using a 27" iMac (mid 2011), 3,4 GHz Quadcore, 16 GB RAM, Mavericks 10.9.4, normally everything is working fine and without problems. I'm using a UAD Apollo Twin-audio interface, Cubase 7.5, Wavelab 8, Logic 9, Ableton Live 8 etc., not one single problem.

RM is the only program freezing and causing problems on my Mac. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• That seems like a very capable environment to me!

I use a late 2012 MBPro Retina, 16 Gb, 512 SSD, RME UCX audio interface with 10.9.4 - all kinds of software, really stable.

I could reproduce some of the quirks with RM (like the drag & drop bug) and the refresh/paint problems of the folder tree, but the syncing difficulties appeared only randomly.
    In the past Retina had caused difficulties for certain graphic libraries, but I thought these days were gone.

Syncing with the RE is currently slow but fine/stable.