I've said it before and I'll say it again :)

Actually after all this trash I'm wondering that he's still here... :whistling:

yes, I'm here, why not? Don't have time to read all the comments - the same comments. This is even more boring than responding...

Have Fun! :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

• Geech don't think you should do that mate, will just open a can of worms and not really the right thing to do !! If you don't like his profiles etc then just best ignored I would say :thumbup:

Fuck him, we can rig exchange his shit also if he keeps up being a tool.

:thumbup:

Edited once, last by Geech ().

• yes, I'm here, why not?

First of all there are some online-rules and quality standards existing, just read this. Maybe you've never heard of something like the "Netiquette" or "Online Etiquette", nevertheless it's existing and very important to keep forums alive, trolls will destroy forums or at least damage them. One of the most important things is to respect all forum-members, staying friendly without being aggressive or insulting others.

A person should have the "the ability to participate in society online".

I don't know if there is a language-barrier and maybe you don't understand everything here, but nevertheless your behaviour definitively is ignorant, insulting, crude, provoking and cynical. This is far away from "participating in society online"....

I'm not responsible for banning you, but you already hit the "banning-bullseye" several times and the mods should do it, I can put you on my ignore-list, that's better than nothing. That your behaviour will destroy your business here is another story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Really - When will this crap stop. Lets make this forum useful not a boxing match.

Putting his profiles on the net for free is wrong and illegal in my book.

Last:

If you want to help new owners maybe post it like this. List each commercial supplier my Pros and cons.

TAF- Pros - Great vintage amps and a large variety of amps. Awesome blues and low gain profiles. great price. Cons - most profiles geared to single coil pickups and subpar high gain profiles but they are tweak able. A lot of pre and post EQs used.

Sinmix- Pros: great high gain metal profiles that cut thru the mix. Raw profiles. Price is a good value. Cons - No vintage profiles or low gain stuff. Metal only

TopJimi - Pros - Great all around profiles with little tweaking needed. Good pricing Cons - low volume profiles but tweak able.

Soundside - Pros - Great variety of amps, lots of profiles included to cover all channels and switches(Fat-thin) of each amp profiled. Prices high. Cons - Prices high and to many profiles to test per amp.

Now this is a example and my opinion. This way everyone in the forum could have a opinion as grownups without cursing and beating each other up.

Or maybe we need a rating system for commercial use. I personally own profiles from everyone and believe me there are some crap ones which are unusable and some great ones.

If you want to help new owners maybe post it like this. List each commercial supplier my Pros and cons.

+100000000000000000000 !!!

Believe it or not, I "fight" only for this. ;( Finally someone understands what's going on.
    Thank you, you have "restored" my faith in people :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

• Raoul23 and Don Peterson, thanks so much for your level-headedness in this outrageous debate (which started out as a helpful tome by Raoul btw). I for one AM a newbie to the KPA world and much appreciate your recommendations, whether I like all the profiles or only some in any given pack. Keep up the great work and keep spreading your valued opinions. (Others, you know who I mean - please grow up, shut up, or get the Axe-Fx instead!)

Gary ô¿ô

• Thank you PRSGary. That's all this thread was for in the first place. TAF has a summer deal on I thought there might be some users out there who grew up with Marshall amps like me and would appreciate the review from a real user not someone who is paid by a company to say good things about their products!!! Tone is very subjective and what sounds good to one person might sound terrible to another, but hey that's life :) and I think the Marshall amp pack from TAF is incredible !!!!!

Manchild, I have purchased profiles from 2 other sellers and must say I wasn't very happy with them but that's just my taste on them!! Your pros and cons thing doesn't really work because that would mean buying profiles from all vendors and with the result I've had from purchasing from these other 2 vendors and not been fully happy with them I doubt I'll buy any more, again what I don't like others may love that's how the world functions. I think what people are complaining about in this thread is the way Sinmix comes about in this post as well as other posts in other threads is the swearing, and obnoxious attitude he portrays. All I wanted to do with this thread is share my love for the Marshall Pack from TAF and hopefully help some other KPA users out. If he didn't agree he should just have stayed away from this thread, let alone put GIF's up that are rude and offending!! This I think is what have up set most people in this thread not the fact that someone's profiles are better than anyone else's :)

• Manchild: very useful post and I can share the most of your experiences except one: Andy and Armin are offering some great metal profiles, too, just take a look at Andy's Engl-pack or Armin's Boogies, Diezel VH-4 or Bogner Goldfinger. "Till's Chimera Pack" is also great for metal.

sinmix: nobody criticized your profiles, I don't know them, but they seem to get a very good response. We were just talking about your behaviour here.

By the way, Andy's new "Classic Vibe" (pack 9) is amazing, I really love it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Manchild: very useful post and I can share the most of your experiences except one: Andy and Armin are offering some great metal profiles, too, just take a look at Andy's Engl-pack or Armin's Boogies, Diezel VH-4 or Bogner Goldfinger. "Till's Chimera Pack" is also great for metal.

sinmix: nobody criticized your profiles, I don't know them, but they seem to get a very good response. We were just talking about your behaviour here.

By the way, Andy's new "Classic Vibe" (pack 9) is amazing, I really love it.

The Bogner in that pack is amazing, been playing that and the Steve Stevens Friedman for the past couple of days now. Love them both :thumbup:

• I just wanted to chime in on what I like about this community we have here. I appreciate keeping up on what is coming from Kemper and others.

I have been playing for money since the 1960's. Played through a lot of amps, used many guitars, pedals, etc..

I think most folks can decide what they want to have loaded into their KPA.

I truly have no interest in what one commercial entity has to say about another. I'm interested in info and have zero time for snarky crap.

If you spend time here to sell your wares it's a better idea to confine the comments to what you are selling. I'm not interested in what one seller thinks of another.

For the folks that sell profiles I would suggest to look to who buys your stuff and who doesn't. That's the sort of editorializing that makes much difference.

I appreciate Kemper for the profiling amp. I also appreciate then offering this forum for fans and owners of their product.

"STAY CIVIL !" ;)

• Hey Guenterhaas I own both the Friedman SS and Bogner XTC. I like both sets of profiles. There are good hard rock sounds. Tried the Engl pack and its alright but I use the Arthur D Engls a lot more, I do use a few of the clean Engl profiles from TAF.

I will say I like the pack 9 a lot more due to the profiles being more Raw. I like the profile of the actual amp not with EQs added and FX. That's just me I can add them later to my taste. It reminds me of a Custom Strat I own, The luther that built it had the bridge blocked from floating by not routing the space so the bridge would rest on the wood. I asked him why and he replyed that's how I play my guitars and I told him but your selling them not playng them so let the buyer make that decision.

Raoul23 thanks for the reply, I was putting a idea out there(not saying it use it). That's what's great about people, we all have different taste's but you have to try more then 2 pizzas before saying one is the best pizza out 30 pizza's.

• Wow. Here's a thread that went south. I don't see anything wrong in someone saying "This profile is great..." There are plenty of threads like this on the forum, why complain about this one?

In the meantime, I request anyone who got offended in this thread, please don't start putting commercial profiles up in torrents or on the rig exchange.You will be killing a cottage industry.

• I agree it went south a long time ago.

I also think its great to talk about all commercial profiles good or bad, that way they can improve there way of profiling.

I would love to see profiles EQed for humbucker's and single coils so there's less tweaking when you switch guitars.

• I think the problem is that even if the profiles are humbucker or single coil matched you'll have to tweak them anyway. Every guitar sounds different and everyone has a different vision of their sound. I prefer a balanced natural raw sound that I can adjust to my needs. Those profiles always worked best for me.

And the sooner one learns how to adjust a profile with an eq, compression, different cab, etc. the more joy you'll have cause then you can make almost every profile usable.

• I think the problem is that even if the profiles are humbucker or single coil matched you'll have to tweak them anyway. Every guitar sounds different and everyone has a different vision of their sound. I prefer a balanced natural raw sound that I can adjust to my needs. Those profiles always worked best for me.

And the sooner one learns how to adjust a profile with an eq, compression, different cab, etc. the more joy you'll have cause then you can make almost every profile usable.

Yeah I agree with this.. - In the early pack days i did this myself to help everyone out.. as the profiles sounded very different with all my guitars, so I pre-EQ'd them to work for the 3 main ones, tele/Strat and LesPaul. - this was great, and worked to some degree, but it was like the blind leading the blind, as most of the time that never translated well to anyone else..

I then tried different ways of doing it in a few more packs after that.. then gave up in Pack6 and onwards, they are all nakid, and as they come...

Sure I know a lot of folks liked my tweeks, that's all well and good but it takes so long to do.. and only really applies to a few people, plus.. the Kemper is not a "new" product anymore, people are big enough to adjust themselves :) -0 and as koma says.. once you learn it, then it will be pretty much the same for every profile after that!. (give or take)

Plus its fun to do! you can really design it around you that way...

• Wow. Here's a thread that went south. I don't see anything wrong in someone saying "This profile is great..." There are plenty of threads like this on the forum, why complain about this one?

In the meantime, I request anyone who got offended in this thread, please don't start putting commercial profiles up in torrents or on the rig exchange.You will be killing a cottage industry.

I don't have a problem with people stating an opinion regarding any profiles.

I have a issue when commercial entity comments on another commercial entity's offerings in a negative manner.

This forum is a very civil place and a nice mouse click to read about something I own and have passion for.

I don't care for vendors sniping at others... I don't see anything good for the community when one a seller complains or criticizes another seller's product in a thread they didn't start..

I appreciate the hands off manner that this place is run. I also appreciate that Kemper is wise enough to encourage the folks that do profiles, even those that sell them are a part of the community, as it were.

My concern with Sinmix is his conduct here and not what he profiles and tries to sell.

That kind of thing doesn't evoke professional courtesy.

On the reality side of things, the folk that own the site determine what can be said or not said. ;)

Edited 2 times, last by 1fastdog ().

• Koma I agree i like the raw balanced profile as I stated in a few posts ago.

and44 - I also agree about learning to tweak. I'am a very late starter to guitar playing(4 years playing and 48 years old) and really just started learning to tweak delays and effects. As for Eq's I do good with the basics but the studio, graphic is where I have troubles but my lead guitar player is teaching me and I'am a big boy and will learn. But when the set of profile's are all dark and sound like there's a blanket thrown over the cab its a lot of work. Also Andy I love the last pack its by far my fav right now. The Bogner XTC and Friedman SS are sweet.

Last I'am love this forum and learn a lot from it and I'am always appreciate the help I receive. Thanks everyone

Make music not war

• But when the set of profile's are all dark and sound like there's a blanket thrown over the cab its a lot of work.

In this case I think the treble booster is a very, very useful tool to brighten up the sound. you just have to be careful not to overdo it. Also eqing between 200 and 500 hz can often also help a lot. Really depends on the profile though

• ...And also depends on the guitar.. some "humbuckers" are very very dark by default, and they can make any profile seem like its really muddy. - its just the guitar. - can also of course be speaker related. - this is why the profile business can be hard. :)

Check my facebook page as I recently did a blog on "the thoughts of a engineer" you might find it a usefull but funny read! : )