TAF-Bundle9 "Classic Vibe" is here.

• I personally dig the xtc for sure, nice and thick, tons of low end, which i prefer to have then not have: seems extremely difficult to boost freaquencies down low that weren't there in the first place in my opinion. I will say they are a tad dark for my taste, but that is only through studio monitors at this time, we will see how they sound live possibly if my FOH gives me time to see. I did kick up the treble a bit. (1.0 or so) and then i boosted 2500 on the graphic EQ by about 2.8 or 3db on the full/cranked profiles, and this gave me the sizzle/crunch/bite that I was looking for big time! definitely give that a try if you have a similar experience to mine. Once I did that these profiles are huge with great bite and grind, kind of opened it up a bit, really like what I'm hearing.

• There's something wrong with Steve Stevens and Fender CLEAN profiles. Whatever guitar i try on them it crackles (a lot).
    I liked packs 1-8 much more (the way they where profiled). Something's very different with pack 9.

• There's something wrong with Steve Stevens and Fender CLEAN profiles. Whatever guitar i try on them it crackles (a lot).
    I liked packs 1-8 much more (the way they where profiled). Something's very different with pack 9.

Yup, we realized this also. there is a heavy distinctive lowermid buildup on all of them, and we found it to be a error in something that we did not notice at the time that we are chasing down as to "why", its possibly FW related, but we cant be sure. - however we are doing the best we can to rectify this "sorry" situation, as we profiled them under 2 different FW's, (not suggesting it is this though) luckily we managed to capture 70% of this pack still in tact, but not all.

WE are re-profiling, and will be up for download to all customers once done, seems that the RM resets some of the variables at least that's what we have tested..again not sure how or why it happened, but its clear to us that something went wrong somewhere.. and as I said, we are on the case to rectify the situation. - it will take some time, as its not a easy quick fix..

We are 100% committed to our customers, so whatever needs to be done. we will do it!.

Check back here soon for further updates..

• Thanks Andy for keeping us all informed :thumbup:

I have played through all the profiles in this pack and can say I personally haven't had any crackling issues

Yup, we realized this also. there is a heavy distinctive lowermid
    buildup on all of them, and we found it to be a error in something that
    we did not notice at the time that we are chasing down as to "why",

That is why you are not a reliable source of information.

[Blocked Image: http://www.brickwall.pl/gify/128500618923s.jpg]

Good luck Andy. I think problem is new FW. ;(

Stay Metal!

• Quoted I have played through all the profiles in this pack and can say I personally haven't had any crackling issues That is why you are not a reliable source of information.

Sinmix what is your problem!!!!!!!!! I was stating the fact that I, Yes I have not had a crackling issue like Mitja stated I never said anything about the sound of these profiles. So before you start getting all arsey read the post properly, I've had enough of your condescending attitude!!! X(X(

Anyway who gave you the trophy for having golden ears ?? my opinion of profiles etc are just as valid as the next person !!! :thumbup:

• Hey guys, stay calm... ;)
    Probably FW-updates are changing parameters (like definition) on some profiles and this would be a serious bug and not Andy's fault. The "bass-bug" (actually it's a "low-mid-bug") doesn't appear here for the first time.

I have a simple opinion: FW-updates never should change profile-parameters and RM never should change them, too. Otherwise my collection of excellent profiles, organized in 2 years, could be destroyed with one click on an "Update"-button.

If a vendor is profiling with two different FW's (within a short time), it's a must, that new FW (or RM) doesn't change parameters. Especially definition can change every profile drastically, maybe this is the issue, but until now there's no clarifying statement from CK himself, so we're all in the land of speculation and mystery.

We all know that Andy cares 200% for his customers, if you have troubles with pack 8 (not everybody seems to have problems), just be patient, he will find a solution. If it's a FW-bug, hopefully CK will solve the problem soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

Edited 2 times, last by guenterhaas ().

• Purchased yesterday the cornell plexi, XTC and the Friedman profiles and after first impressions I'm digging those in that order. Needed to back off some bass, but that seems to be a known thingy as Andy mentioned couple of messages ago.

Still, I wasn't able to get SS Friedman profile to sound like Steve demoes himself in this youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfbSyG05fHw) even I tried fiddling with the Kemper stack EQ a bit. With the EQ the highs and lows were somehow reachable, but the midrange just did seemed to be missing 'something'.

Any suggestions which of the profiles in the set would get me there closest? Or maybe I should just try KPA parametric EQ or adding some booster pedal in front of the crunch profile, inboard or outboard, for some midrange boost etc?

Guitar I was using was a Gibson Les Paul with a BKP Mule in the bridge.

• Yes, maybe Andy could refocus the Friedman on getting a similar sound to Steve's from this video.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I was trying to get this as well - unsuccesfully so far, though.

• JuLai : could you check the AF9-BE SS Clean2 (uploaded by rig manager), I've encountered the digital crackling issue on this particular one) ... I have not tried yet to upload it using an USB key

Dont worry, that one is bugged.. but you will get an all new set soon anwyay...

Lots to get through. so bear with me, Im on it!.. and things are sounding much better now..(normal)

• Hi,

Just for the record, even if i ve profiled only a few things, i've never get those strange result. Do you know what happened exactly ?

Nope no idea..the entire pack sounded wonderful.. then suddenly everything sounded boomy and midrangey..I think it has something to do with RE/FW although cant be sure. - the ones on my profiling RIG (the ones I did not include) still sound great..but sadly there is not enough of the amps..so Im having to fill in the pieces.

However, Im concentrating on getting the pack completed for you guys to enjoy fully.. after that I will investigate the causes..

Its just one of those things.. its a mystery, and has never happened before..