Rig fragments on Kemper after cleaning up with Rig Manager Mac.

• Hi,

yesterday i deleted most of my about 500 Rigs from my Kemper with Rig Manager. But there are always fragments of every deleted Rig on my Kemper and after rebooting my Kemper he synced about 1 hour with the Rig Manager.
    Am i doing something wrong?

• Hi,

yesterday i deleted most of my about 500 Rigs from my Kemper with Rig Manager. But there are always fragments of every deleted Rig on my Kemper and after rebooting my Kemper he synced about 1 hour with the Rig Manager.
    Am i doing something wrong?

Could you explain what you mean by fragments? An hour does seem like a long time to sync though. If you google restore kemper to factory default (IIRC you hold the left button above the screen whe turning on to tuner and then there are two initialize options and you run both). You will of course loose everything on your KPA so make sure you back up everything first. The long sync could be caused by a lot of others issues though (like drivers issues on your computer etc.)

• Im having a similar issue. Used Rig Manager for mac to delete most of my profiles, and now the Kemper syncs so slowly (would take almost an hour or so if i where to wait)

Any ideas on what i can try?

• Same thing here. I deleted a bunch of rigs in RM and left it syncing last night for 2.5 hrs but it failed to finish.
    Booted the KPA this morning and none of the deletions had been removed so fired up the RM on the Mac And it's been syncing for over an hour so far.

• Yeah I have the same issue, I read a guide somewhere and I can't find it anywhere again that got this issue fixed for me. I remember it involved deleting database files from the Kemper folders in Windows and also booting up the Kemper a certain way then making some adjustments there. I remember eventually I had to also delete all traces of Rig Manager the folders, databases the lot for from my computer and re-install on top of whatever the guide said regarding the actual amp.

Basically my problem is the same, delete rigs from Rig Manager and afterwards syncing works really slow although not the be all and end all but the main issue is the rigs are still in the menus but no sound changes ie the last non-deleted rig is the sound that is played if you select a "deleted" rig that is still present in the menus and after a few seconds when the LCD reverts to the main rig details it shows the last working profile in the menu, hope that makes sense. Its a pain that you can't just delete from Rig Manager and have it all sync up correctly without leaving the fragments you mention.

• OK I finally found the post and I think this will help you.
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…d&threadID=13276&pageNo=3

I'm certain the slowness of the Rig Manager syncing and the "fragments" of deleted rigs being left over in menus after deletion in Rig Manager, such as cabs and amps that although are there by name don't actually do anything when selected any more and that also don't appear in Rig Manager's My Profile list can be fixed following some instructions a user called lavigie received via Kemper Support.

Yesterday I deleted all the Kemper Rig Manager database files from my pc and let Rig manager recreate them during a 15 minute or so re-syncing I still had old "dead" amps and cabs available in menus on the actual amp.

How I fixed this was as said in the linked thread:
    Hold down the RIG soft key and turn the Kemper onto BROWSER mode whilst still holding down the RIG soft key while the Kemper is booting. After about 15 seconds the Kemper will say in small text INITIALISING RIGS, you can now leave go of the RIG key. The Kemper will the show you on the LCD that it is checking all performances and rigs i.e. CHECKING RIGS 225 OF 650 or however many rigs you have saved. It will go through checking tonestacks etc and so on till all variables have been checked. Then the Kemper will have booted displaying an "Intialised Rig" rather than your last used rig. That's it nothing has been deleted apart from the dead entries that were causing the sync issues. Your Kemper should now sync in a matter of seconds.

I tried to recreate the "fragments left" scenario by adding new rigs then deleting them in Rig Manager but now my Kemper seems to behaving as it should and the rig is removed fully when deleted. No doubt sooner or later after a large deletion of rigs this problem will rear itself again but at least we now know how to solve it.

Hopefully this will work for you no problem as well.

• I'm surprised the original post that I linked to/solution hasn't been stickied or whatever as I am reading many many users having the exact same issue. The bootup with RIG button held down sorts this issue for me every time my Kemper decides to not sync quickly or leaves "dead" profiles in the unit after deleting rigs in Rig Manager.

• Please pin this info!

90% of the game is half-mental.