rig manager on mac osx 10.9.4 crashing every time

• Hi

I just installed rig manager beta on a brand new Imac quad 3.4 i7 with 32 gigs of ram
    1TB SSD

i updated the kemper to the latest 2.5.0

osx 10.9.4

every time i open rig manager it crashes

i have deleted it and re installed 3 times

rebooted mac and kemper

any ideas?

thanks

• Hi trock
    YMMV:
    1. Hold down the shift key when opening the program. This is typically a way on Macs to reset the preference file.
    2. The file in the applications folder is often not the only place files are stored and you need to get all the files. You should contact support - they may be able to provide other options to try and they may have an uninstaller that will remove all these other files and then you can reinstall.

• Usually, you can right click with your mouse on the program and it will say, "show package contents". Scroll to that.

Take that entire folder, trash it (you'll have to put your password in to do this) and then re-install. This method gets rid of all of the files.

• Usually, you can right click with your mouse on the program and it will say, "show package contents". Scroll to that.

Take that entire folder, trash it (you'll have to put your password in to do this) and then re-install. This method gets rid of all of the files.

The files I am referring to are often found in the Application Support folders at both the root level and in the ~User folder (the library file is hidden but can be accessed by holding down the option key and clicking on the Go menu and selecting it). In the user library there is also a preference folder and there are preference files there. These files are hidden for a reason though - if you accidentally delete the wrong files it can have an impact on other applications or the computer's OS. As always act at your own risk and take steps like making a time machine backup before deleting anything.

• well I tried holding down shift and opening and it still crashes

i was a little worried doing the other step since when i looked in that folder their was a MAC OS file etc and i didn't want to delete it

i then dragged the rig manager from the applications folder to the trash, emptied it, and re loaded

same result :(

i guess i will just hold off for a while on this

thanks all

• Rig Manager kept on crashing when I had no internet connection. But that doesn't solve your problem, does it? ;)

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• Nope, it doesn't since i am now on the mac in the studio and on the internet :)

bummer tried it all again and just deleted it this time. will try it again down the road

• The files I am referring to are often found in the Application Support folders at both the root level and in the ~User folder (the library file is hidden but can be accessed by holding down the option key and clicking on the Go menu and selecting it). In the user library there is also a preference folder and there are preference files there. These files are hidden for a reason though - if you accidentally delete the wrong files it can have an impact on other applications or the computer's OS. As always act at your own risk and take steps like making a time machine backup before deleting anything.

By right clicking on the package contents, you are only deleting the files associated with the rig-manager. I've worked on every Mac OS version for the past 20 years. For any system past Snow Leopard, this method works perfectly. Mine locked up initially and I used this method to delete and restore the program. Haven't had an issue since. Library file is easily unhidden with a terminal comment instead of constantly doing the method you are doing. Yes...backing up is always recommended.

TRock.....if you want some step by step instructions, then pm me and I can help you out. If not, Kemper tech support will be able to help you.

• By right clicking on the package contents, you are only deleting the files associated with the rig-manager. I've worked on every Mac OS version for the past 20 years. For any system past Snow Leopard, this method works perfectly. Mine locked up initially and I used this method to delete and restore the program. Haven't had an issue since. Library file is easily unhidden with a terminal comment instead of constantly doing the method you are doing. Yes...backing up is always recommended.

TRock.....if you want some step by step instructions, then pm me and I can help you out. If not, Kemper tech support will be able to help you.

By right clicking on the package contents, you are only deleting the files associated with the rig-manager. I've worked on every Mac OS version for the past 20 years. For any system past Snow Leopard, this method works perfectly. Mine locked up initially and I used this method to delete and restore the program. Haven't had an issue since. Library file is easily unhidden with a terminal comment instead of constantly doing the method you are doing. Yes...backing up is always recommended.

This does not delete associated files anywhere else on the computer though (and they could be saved almost anywhere - for instance this would not delete the rig manager kext file). Also, for me it is a lot quicker to hold down the option key, click on GO and select library than having to open terminal type in the commands to reveal hidden files then navigate to users / user name / library / application support etc. and then have to go back to the terminal and enter the command to hide all hidden files.

• The terminal command keeps the library file open permanently.

Whatever. You seem to have all the answers so I'll just leave it at that.

The terminal command keeps the library file open permanently.

Whatever. You seem to have all the answers so I'll just leave it at that.

Pointing out that deleting the package contents does not remove all the files or stating that I prefer to simply use one method over another is not claiming to have all the answers (others for instance prefer to assign a keyboard shortcut or in Mavericks you can now simply check a box in the the finder options see http://www.cnet.com/how-to/mav…ion-to-show-user-library/). I didn't mean to insult your 20 years of experience so don't take it so hard. I certainly don't! And as of right now, neither of us has been able to help the OP trouble shoot his problem :(

Edited 2 times, last by SwAn1 ().

• Trust me. I'm not worrying about it. No hard feelings. Things never come across the right way online. Apologies for that....in a surly mood.

My Kemper just failed at a very large gig. Thank goodness for a tube amp and torpedo live!

Edited once, last by PBGas ().

• Trust me. I'm not worrying about it. No hard feelings. Things never come across the right way online. Apologies for that....in a surly mood.

My Kemper just failed at a very large gig. Thank goodness for a tube amp and torpedo live!

No worries. That sucks to have the KPA fail like that! It wasn't the motivation for me getting an AxeFx in addition to the Kemper (I wanted the effects in the Axe) but it does make a great fallback unit now that you mention it. Glad you had a backup plan.

• please contact support by email and send us a crash log.
    thanks, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Was ready to start the show, had it on tuner mode. Switched it over to the performance mode and all went dead. Very upset.

Will put in a ticket. My dealer told me to bring it back to them since it is only a couple of months old.

I may go back to a tube amp and Torpedo Live at this point. Very disappointed. I'll see how the repair goes. The unit was plugged into a furman power conditioner in my rig. The other items plugged into that unit are fine and working. Always my luck with these things.

Edited once, last by PBGas ().

• Was ready to start the show, had it on tuner mode. Switched it over to the performance mode and all went dead. Very upset.

Will put in a ticket. My dealer told me to bring it back to them since it is only a couple of months old.

I may go back to a tube amp and Torpedo Live at this point. Very disappointed. I'll see how the repair goes. The unit was plugged into a furman power conditioner in my rig. The other items plugged into that unit are fine and working. Always my luck with these things.

Yeah that's weird, because so many have zero problems.
    Definitely open a support ticket and also I would have the unit changed and sent in for a thorough check.

• you guys are all good in my book!

thanks for the help

@kempersupport - i will re load it this weekend and contact you, not sure how to get the crash log to you though? i see the crash window in front of my but it scrolls a longgggg way, is there an easy way to grab that file for you? if so where do i email it and open a ticket with you?

thanks