Problem: Rig Manager is not syncing rigs

• Hi,

I'm new here (and a brand new Kemper user, too), so I hope that my problem is not discussed yet; at least I couldn't find anything.

What did I do:

I wanted to organize my Kemper from scratch, so I backuped the factory rigs and wanted to delete everything on the Kemper. I did that with the Rig Manager. Then I drag dropped a few of my favourite rigs (about 15) back on my Kemper. So far so good.

As I clicked again on "MyProfiler" in the Rig Manager, it started syncing up with the Kemper. I thought that this might be ok and let the unit do its thing. I took about half an hour, but all the rigs were still on my Kemper (but not shown in the Rig Manager) and everytime, I click on "MyProfiler" again, it syncs up again and again and takes so long.

Did I do anything wrong? It's kinda frustrating... :cursing:

• I plus loads of users have had similar issues as yours, i.e amps/cabs that have been deleted in Rig Manager showing on the Kemper after they have been deleted and when you select them it "plays" the sound of the last valid rig you were using not what you selected. Give me a couple of seconds to dig out the post I typed up to someone with the same issue last night.

• OK first of all I'll post links to the original thread I found the solution on, as I can't really take credit for this fix as Kemper support gave it to a user in this thread:
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.p…=13276&pageNo=3

My detailed instructions I wrote up in another post yesterday are here right towards the bottom of the thread:
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…&postID=159880#post159880

What I would try first is the "Initialize/Checking Boot" method as I believe you shouldn't need to go the whole way and start deleting the Kemper databases stored on Windows as you say the enteries in Rig Manager look correct and the issue you have is in the amp itself.

Hold down the RIG soft key and turn the Kemper onto BROWSER mode whilst still holding down the RIG soft key while the Kemper is booting. After about 15 seconds the Kemper will say in small text INITIALISING RIGS, you can now leave go of the RIG key. The Kemper will the show you on the LCD that it is checking all performances and rigs i.e. CHECKING RIGS 225 OF 650 or however many rigs you have saved. It will go through checking tonestacks etc and so on till all variables have been checked. Then the Kemper will have booted displaying an "Intialised Rig" rather than your last used rig. That's it nothing has been deleted apart from the dead entries that were causing the sync issues. Your Kemper should now sync in a matter of seconds.

Hope this helps.