Unusual profile methods

• Hi everyone.

We all know the usual ways to make profiles, and pretty much the great results of that standard processes.

I don't own any of the fine amps I and everyone likes, for those great sounds I just search for Rigs in the RM.

But I like to make experiments with the Kemper, trying to use more unconventional methods and achieve acceptable results/sounds. Some times wierd ones.

For now I made two that I could use: in the first one I connected a clean channel to my Universal Audio 4710d preamp and overdriven the tube. DMP TubeSaturation
    I like this for light picking or single coil lead stuff.

The second one: I made a stack of plug ins that emulates analog/tape saturation and then a fuzz plug in. DMP Mad Fuzz
    This one is nasty, but with low tunings I can get it to sound almost like a synth (a dirty one).

I know there´s not any gems here, but my point is to learn about unusual profile experiments and wired sounds that you guys know about.

Cheers

• I've experimented with a few "dual-amp" profiles. I took a Vox AC15 and a Fender Blues Jr, put a mic in the middle and faced them right at one another. I used a variety of setting and put a bunch of soundproofing foam around and on the top of them. The results were not stellar but they also were not bad (they are somewhere in the rig exchange under 'Fender-Vox"). Being a guy that ran a dual amp setup in my live rig am I still looking to capitalize on the possibilities. I may break down and buy another KPA but I am also looking to go into the studio with a friend a run a bunch of dual profiles with multiple amps using a proper mixer and separate mics. It will still lack the possibilities of separate amps (running one amp straight and the 2nd with a 50ms delay, etc.) but will likely yield some cool profiles. :thumbup:

• Not sticking to what has been done in the past is the only way to move forward.

I try all options I can think of. Most do not provide good results but I try to better each profile from the one before it. For example I will do a profile that sounds decent and try subtle adjustments and reprofile, if the results are better I will go from there, if not I revert to the prior and adjust something else whether it be mic position, amp eq, eq in loop, mic distance, move amp in room, open door etc...one thing I have found is by placing a foam panel between the mic and amp you can cut out some high frequencies.

• Has anyone every tried profiling with one of these?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ…age_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I just purchased one on amazon, it hasn't arrived yet, but I'm interested in experimenting wth it.

Thanks, never heard of that before. Please post the results, not only profiling but also sound experience.