Sweet Spot Profiles

• these sound very promising so far, lots of character captured in that sovtek it seems, I definitely agree with that. Can we get alittle more info about mics, mic preamps, etc that you are using? I see a 57 in most of those pics atleast. when can we expect clips of the other amps profiled?

• these sound very promising so far, lots of character captured in that sovtek it seems, I definitely agree with that. Can we get alittle more info about mics, mic preamps, etc that you are using? I see a 57 in most of those pics atleast. when can we expect clips of the other amps profiled?

We use Onyx mic preamps The mics are different combinations pending on what suits the amp but most are SM57/Beta57A/sennheiser e906/plus various condenser mics. The clips of the Marshall kk are now up. I will do clips of all the amps soon as I have the time :thumbup:

• WOWWWWW.........guys I think we have a new big dog here in the commercial profiling world....I just bought the KK and WOW, THAT is some seriously good profiling/micing right there! I have only played these through my yamaha DXR 12's with my les paul with a burstbucker and I could not stop smiling, THIS is how you profile an amp! I have a feeling most are going to feel the same way, these could be the best marshall profiles out there, atleast top 5.I did absolutely NO tweaking whatsoever and every profile was spot on perfect atleast with my guitar. added some delay but that was about it. Sometimes I like to crank up the power tube sag on the low gain stuff, really thickens things up but other than that, I wouldn't even know where to begin tweaking these if I needed to, because they sound perfect to my ears through my yamahas. The high gain stuff as well as the lower gain profiles are just spot on perfect, there are a few in there that I feel will be instantly some peoples favorite profiles. These are absolutely excellent, seriously GREAT tones here. I could use just a few of these profiles all the time every night and it would be all I need. Another thing I like is that these dont sound incredibly different, tiny/thin with different guitars either. These were equally at home with my telecaster as well. Can't speak highly enough of these, and can not wait to hear more profiles from Chris Beaver. LOTS of happy people pretty soon me thinks :)

• After reading the rave reviews, I couldn't resist buying the KK Marshall. The comments above are right on. The profiles done with the Mesa cab are killer. After rolling through them for awhile, I too got hooked on Marshall KK Mesa 3. These profiles work well with humbuckers and single coils. Well done.

• Just as I thought I'd have all the best Marshalls (or Mashall-esque) available out there you guys sold me these ones. :) The best promotion there is.

"I heard it through the grapevine.."

• Interesting. To my ears, when I added a phaser, it didn't sound right until I lowered the definition. The profiles still sound great when lowering the definition. I'd also be interested if definition was tweaked upward.

• I just got 4 of the amps between yesterday and today.

The Sovtek has something unique in profile-land. You can hear it on the demo and it comes through. Mind you, I've only attacked these with my P90 MusicMan, and can't wait to get my LP on them, but the character is there in each amp and every profile is entirely usable. I'm used to normally hearing 25-75% throw-aways looking for gold nuggets, but I'm gonna have a hard time weeding these down, as there are subtle but readily noticeable and useful differences between profiles of a similar character.

The KK is a mix-ready Marshall, as most of these offerings are mix-ready and not artificially propped up by overloading volumes and EQ. That means the engineering was top notch to begin with, and if you want to LOCK those extra's from another profile and transfer, these take to them very well.

This is a tough market now, I kid you not, of diminishing returns in that if you've been collecting for 1-2 years like I have, you are less "wowed" by new additions because the quality has been overwhelming this past year.

If you aren't especially a Marshall person, and frugal by nature, you might want to tack to the more original amps, like the Sovtek, that are unique and well captured here. But if you are a Marshall lover, or have been having trouble getting them recorded well up till now, this KK amp sits just well when recorded. I'd like to hear some tips and tricks for how the double tracked demo of the Marshall was done, it was cool to hear the single then mixed guitar sounded as it really shows how to manage your expectation of a single guitar track and what the possibilities are in the mix.

I've found the SoundCloud demo's to be very close to what I can get, and only wish all the current amps had demo's. I look forward to hearing more offerings in the future. The price is fair, although for an American, there is a high hit on the exchange compared to Europe. Why does your currency have to be so strong, Britain?!? ;)

Anyhow, Sweet Spot is a welcome addition to Profile Land!

• Hey Chris. Thanks for the awesome Marshall profiles!!

I put together a quick clip of profile 2. A very little reverb on the rhythm tracks and used delay on the lead. I LOVE the lead tone I got here. I am loving these profiles so far. Thanks for your hard work as they sound fantastic!!

Hope you are okay with me posting a clip of your profiles. Soundcloud compresses the tone a bit but it still sounds great!

https://soundcloud.com/gibson5…lf-sweet-spot-kk-jcm800-2

• I'd like to hear some tips and tricks for how the double tracked demo of the Marshall was done, it was cool to hear the single then mixed guitar sounded as it really shows how to manage your expectation of a single guitar track and what the possibilities are in the mix.

I've found the SoundCloud demo's to be very close to what I can get, and only wish all the current amps had demo's. I look forward to hearing more offerings in the future. The price is fair, although for an American, there is a high hit on the exchange compared to Europe. Why does your currency have to be so strong, Britain?!? ;)

Anyhow, Sweet Spot is a welcome addition to Profile Land!

That's a good idea, I think I will start using the blog part of my site for things like how the clips were done. I will do clips of all the amps, The Fender one is up now and the Burman 502 will be up later today. Thanks for the review :)

• That sounds Great, it sits very nicely in the mix :thumbup:

• Sounds awesome! :thumbup:

• This sounds fantastic, great job gibson5413! This is indeed a great lead guitar tone. :thumbup: