More newbie questions! Mp3 players, interfacing...

• Hi all,

I am trying to plug my iPhone into the KPA to play along with music and try to match tones. I connected to the "Alternative Input" like it said in the manual, but I'm only getting the right channel in my headphones. I had to purchase an adapter to go from the iPhone cable (3.5 mm) to quarter inch...could this be the cause? I also tried the "Return" input as well, but that only gave me the left channel!
    Am I just using the wrong approach?

Also, I want to plug the Kemper into my PC for recording in Reaper, but at the moment the only interface I have is a Line6 Toneport UX2. I am not sure how to use it with the Kemper. Using it on it's own was easy - it has USB audio and I just plugged my guitar in and opened Pod Farm and I was good to go. I believe it essentially acts as my soundcard when used in this way, but I'm not sure how to make the Kemper use it.

Would someone be willing to look at the options and direct me? Thank you!

TonePort UX2 Ins and Outs:

• Inputs:
    • 2x XLR mic preamp inputs with +48V phantom power and trim knobs
    • 2x 1/4-inch instrument inputs, including a -10 dB pad input for instruments with high gain output
    • 2x 1/4-inch stereo line inputs
    • 1/4-inch stereo monitor input
    • 2x 1/4-inch footswitch jacks for sending MIDI commands to recording programs (start/stop, punch in/out, etc.)
      Outputs:
    • S/PDIF stereo output (RCA-type)
    • 1/4-inch balanced line outputs with master volume knob
    • 1/4-inch headphones output with independent volume knob
  • Thanks for the info! Very helpful.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Line6 interface?

• According to your description, either instrument, stereo and monitor inputs will do the job.

The Profiler's monitor output is the easiest choice when you want a mono signal :)

• Thanks for the guidance!

I tried your suggestions with the Line6:

- I went from the Main Out of the Kemper into the Line In of the Line6....no sound
    - I also tried the regular instrument input of the Line6...no sound.

-I did get sound when I went from the Main Out to the Monitor In of the Line6, but it was only the left channel. There is only
    one Monitor In (stereo) on the Line6.

Any suggestions? Do I need a special cable?

I'm getting closer!

Thanks again for your help.

Calaban

• Input/output levels in your interface are possibly set to zero in software? Have a look at the driver.

As for the stereo monitor in, the Profiler's monitor out is mono, and you probably used a mono cable as well.

:)

• Input/output levels in your interface are possibly set to zero in software? Have a look at the driver.

As for the stereo monitor in, the Profiler's monitor out is mono, and you probably used a mono cable as well.

:)

Thanks viabcroce...I was able to get it working!

I had to open the PodFarm software and adjust the level of the Line input.

And now I don't need to buy the special cable for the mp3 player since I can just play music from my computer.

Thanks again to everyone!

Calaban