MW RokPak - Profiles for Kemper Profiling Amplifiers

• The samples showcasing the profiles have horrible playing and out of tune guitars - they didn't have much a fighting chance to begin with. I'm not sure how this passed MW's QC but I have to assume he either gave it a passing glance or for some reason doesn't think playing+tuning were necessary to showcase the product.

Agreed. Those samples need to be redone properly....

• Yeah, it's a good thing you are not. Copy protection of whatever built into Kemper would make me sell it immediately. I have enough of ilock and other BS copy protection crap running around my comp.

Can't wait for the pack!

It is good that I'm not in charge! LOL - Line 6 has been doing this for years; their "expansion packs" would get tied to the internal serial numbers of their hardware, no dongles required. It made reselling finicky though, because you'd have to de-register their packs first - similar to Waves' plugins.

-djh

• All this is so true no one is forcing anyone to buy this stuff, I'm sure MW is not doing this for the money anyway! If i had done this pack and read all this negative feedback, plus I'd even done a free pack I would have just thought, do ya know what stuff these lot I'm gonna just forget all this profiling and carry on with mixing/producing it's less hassle :) please guys let's get this forum back to how it used to be when I got my KPA nearly 2 years ago :)

Agree 1000%

• I watched and listened to the video describing the profile packs.

The soundtrack which runs as background includes some of the profiles in the pack.

I can't tell you the offering will work for everyone.

I'm fairly confident I'll be an early adopter. What I hear an have heard sounds very useful on a number of track that come through my door and projects of my own.

Maybe I am more familiar with hearing parts in and out of musical context.

I also found this which might be of some interest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CL4aQAXsx4

• Some people are getting the gist of the problem with this kind of behaviour on the forums.

I mean, it's not like everyone can even afford a Kemper. So what do they do? Come into the public area of the forums and keep screaming their heads off?

How do you think Mr CK would react? By raising the price? Like he seems inclined to do till there's no difference with the Axe FX (trust me, it's a very good idea, Mr CK, most gearhounds are corksniffers and many will turn up their nose at your product if it's not high price enough to earn a boo-teek" tag).

This is STILL the free MW pack thread. Go complain somewhere. Go complain anywhere. Just not on this thread. This is STILL the free profiles section and ranting and screaming and indulging in p*ssing competitions about who said what is just ridiculous.

Me? I want to rave about the free profiles that are coming! Is there one of those MTS Grail Profiles in their? How many heavy profiles are there? How many mid and cleans? How many profiles are there at all? One or two? Ten?

I'll note that the shady underbelly of the forums has also been exposed, since we're all seriously worried about profile piracy and from some of the other threads, we know there are members here doing it by hook or by crook. Hell, nowadays some of the members are even advertising the fact now.

But the free profiles? You can't steal them! They're free. Go somewhere else. Please be nice to Mr MW. We'd like people like Mr Andy Sneap and Mr Hans Zimmer to consider making profiles for us. They'll definitely read these threads before doing so.

I just hope they realise most of us are really happy that big time producers are considering this option. Free or paid. And that is the bottom line, love it or hate it.

EDIT: OMG. This in't the free rigs and profile section. Well, be that as it may, I have not seen any commercial profile maker dragged through all the mud on these forums or elsewhere. Take that on record.

• t is good that I'm not in charge! LOL - Line 6 has been doing this for years; their "expansion packs" would get tied to the internal serial numbers of their hardware, no dongles required. It made reselling finicky though, because you'd have to de-register their packs first - similar to Waves' plugins.

Yes, that's exactly the type of fucking around which I don't want to deal with. I want to pay the money, get the goods I paid for and use them. Sell them if I don't need them any more. But we are getting offtopic here.

• I hear you mdeeRocks! And not sure this is *actually* OT.

If registering bought profiles was the only way to push producers to put them on the shelf I'd be glad to have to do it.
    I mean that it's not what *you* do that makes the market, but what *many* do. A serious piracy would definitely kill the profiles market (at least from very big names such as MW), which lives by much smaller numbers than other software markets...

• Let me know if I can answer any questions about the Paks here.

Cheers
    Michael

I apologize if this was answered somewhere in the 17 previous pages, but MW, one of the things you are known for is the great sounds you get from combining multiple amps to create one tone/track. Are any of these profiles of multiple amps or are they all single amp profiles?
    If they are all single amp profiles, were there any steps taken to put the profiles in phase with eachother so end users can combine or layer profiles to create these kinds of tracks without phase issues?

I have been very much looking forward to this pack because I was hoping to get some great profiles that you've created from multiple amp setups. There are a lot of great single amp profiles already available and, in my humble opinion, the magic you can bring to the table for Kemper users is your ability to use your ears and combine multiple amps to create awesome tones.

So, do you have good news for me? :D

thanks,
    Steve

• A long discussion about profiles nobody could hear on his KPA, yet........

1) Let's stay positive in this forum, there is some really nasty behaviour going on and I don't like that. All these destructive comments are totally needless.

2) Like I said before: the MW-packs are something very special and not made for everybody's taste. It's MW's very unique collection of amps, for somebody it could be the "holy grail", for somebody else it's maybe not so interesting. Nevertheless it's a very special und unique addition to the existing commercial profiles and I'm glad MW opened the gates to join his world of amps.

3) Of course it's ok to criticize in a constructive way, I don't like the selling-politics, I'm used to get what I've paid and I don't want to wait for weeks to get it. And if I wait until the official release, everything is more expensive. The demos could be better, indeed, just riffs and rhythm-guitar (no solos) and a famous producer like MW should know hundreds of excellent guitar-players, who are able to tune a guitar.

Anyway, in the long run we can be happy to have all these amps in our hands..... I'm still enjoying the "KPA-miracle" everyday and exploring new fantastic amps I didn't even know that they are existing. :thumbup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Not sure if you were referring to my post or not, but if you were, I felt mine was very reasonable and not being critical...just asking questions to decide if I want to buy it or not.

• I'm sure it was not directed at you, songwritersoul.
    More aimed at the people debating if the price for the pack is justified, if MW's merits as a producer are bigger than other producer's merits and other not really important things.

The value of the profiles will show as soon as some awesome music will be created using them.
    They will speak for themselves, then.

• Not sure if you were referring to my post or not, but if you were, I felt mine was very reasonable and not being critical...just asking questions to decide if I want to buy it or not.

No, I didn't mean your post, asking questions or being critical is more than ok.

I'm talking about destructive or useless posts, bashing a product nobody knows, yet. It's mainly about the price of the packs, f.e. comparing Toontrack drum samples with the MW-packs is completely beside the point, it's like comparing apples and oranges.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I think, just like me, many people were surprised by the price (the most expensive profile pack until now :D) and, at the first time, i though the free pack was replaced by this one. But the thing is :
    - the free pack is still on the way !
    - the commercial pack is expensive but :
    * it offers a lot of uncommon amps
    * it offers a lot of profiles
    * it offers the know-how of Mr Wagner !!!!

So, finally, i think the price could be justified.

But, sure, i will test the free pack before thinking about buying the whole pack :D

• I agree! Very good summary of the whole controverse I would say! :thumbup:

• No, I didn't mean your post, asking questions or being critical is more than ok.

I'm talking about destructive or useless posts, bashing a product nobody knows, yet. It's mainly about the price of the packs, f.e. comparing Toontrack drum samples with the MW-packs is completely beside the point, it's like comparing apples and oranges.

Some people need to improve their reading comprehension.
    I wasn't comparing toontrack stuff to MWs pack I was referring to comments made how other producers would charge much much more
    (And some of those producers have done toontrack expansions)

This guy happened to be a pro at doing destructive useless posts stating the MW pack would never have even been made

I'm buying the MW über pack, I really like some of the samples although I agreed with another poster the clips could have been done a little more professionally

• Some people need to improve their reading comprehension.
    I wasn't comparing toontrack stuff to MWs pack I was referring to comments made how other producers would charge much much more
    (And some of those producers have done toontrack expansions)

This guy happened to be a pro at doing destructive useless posts stating the MW pack would never have even been made

I'm buying the MW über pack, I really like some of the samples although I agreed with another poster the clips could have been done a little more professionally

That's exactly what you wrote in #131: "And just in comparison.... Look at the amount of work that goes into toontrack drum sample collections that go for a few hundred max. Yet some exclusive profiles should cost much much more than $200? I guess the guys that do the tone clone stuff should be charging hundreds then."

Maybe you should read your own posts, too. And thanks, my reading comprehension is fine. ;)

• Hello Steve

Yes, there are 5 combo profiles in the ÜBER Pak, 4 of which also have additional KPA modified profiles for a different approach, so all together there will be 9 profiles with more than one amp. The multi amp profiles are extremely hard to put together and the amp settings have to differ quite a bit from the "normal" settings to get the profile close to what the two amps would sound like in real life. I think we got them very close and they are definitely great profiles that don't sound like anything else.

Hello All

We decided not to go the standard VOX, FENDER, PLEXI route, there are already tons of great profiles available. My profiles are also not in the super heavy genre, that's not what I normally work with, and again there are better people than me out there to create the "heavy" stuff. The RokPak sounds are what I use in my projects. Granted not all profiles will be useful for everybody, some might be more fitting for secondary tracks. Everybody will probably like different profiles from the Paks in their own productions. It's the same as with any preset (drums, effects, compression, EQ etc.) they will not work on every track. But I think for a great Rock album the RokPak will cover your ass ;)

I understand the demand for single amp profiles, but as you know, I am not really in the business of making profiles, I am a producer/engineer making records. Taking time out of my busy schedule to create single amp profiles would get way to expensive and the RokPaks are the only way I can do it. But I thought people might like some of the amps that are special to my studio and not available anywhere else. On top of that, I might have different ways of looking at a guitar sound, but it has served me well over the years. I paid over $200,000 to get my hands on these profiles, counting all the
    gear, mics amps cabs, mic pres and other studio gear that I had to pay for to make these profiles happen, so I think $240 (after September 15th) is a fair price for over 200 profiles.

There were already some voices here talking about sharing the profiles. I would hope that people here have a bit more integrity than that. It simply comes down to: if we can make close to our money back on the RokPak (yeah right ;( ), I might think about getting a bunch of my "famous" guitar player friends together and profile their vintage amps and specific tones. There are a lot, and some true gems among them, enough to make a true vintage/VIP Pak. If people go and share the RokPak profiles, the next Pak will never happen, just not worth it to me.

In the meantime you can listen to the new Tesla album "Simplicity", and Mark Slaughters new album "Reflections In A Rear View Mirror". Mark exclusively used profiles from the RokPak on all guitars and bass and when I mixed the new Tesla album "Simplicity" I used a bunch of those profiles for re-amping. I'll ask Mark if it's OK to post a track here, so you can hear the Paks in a song, it's in the video on the website, but it's hard to hear in the background.

Now, LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE!

• Well said MW. I admire your straight forward approach to addressing some of the concerns and issues Kemper owners have expressed. Im sure folks will start singing a slightly different tune when the free samples are released by the Kemper folks. Regardless,thanks for clarifying your situation and lending a little sanity to this thread. ;)