KB profiles,whats the story?

• you cannot change the author's name in rig manager. and if you select multiple rigs you get a warning before changes are applied to more than one rig. changing the author's name is only possible on the hardware.
    gs

If you cannot change the author tag, why wasn´t this whole case detected earlier? I mean, if Lasse was the author, should this not be visible when displaying the author tag?

I remember some problems that i had when creating a new profile. The profiler always copies the tag information of the rig that you last used in browse mode before switching to profiler mode. Somehow my newly created profile had the name of the author of the rig used in browse mode as a tag somewhere. This was already some time ago so i don´t know if this still happens. I now always select one of my own rigs in browse mode before creating new profiles. It´s a little strange though.

I remember some problems that i had when creating a new profile. The profiler always copies the tag information of the rig that you last used in browse mode before switching to profiler mode. Somehow my newly created profile had the name of the author of the rig used in browse mode as a tag somewhere. This was already some time ago so i don´t know if this still happens. I now always select one of my own rigs in browse mode before creating new profiles. It´s a little strange though.

I can confirm that...up to the moment when I learnd to take care of coming from one of my own profiles, I made many profiles with "C.Kemper" and "Andy44" in the tags.
    If I remeber right, I was able to change the wrong author tags to my name.

So when I could do it, KB can do it, too...

• Might be because he knew that this would have been actual criminal activity ?(

I don't have a clue, but I believe this was not the case.
    IMO KB is just an adolescent who wanted to have some moment of glory. You know, like showing off with your friends about how many girls you've kissed.

:)

• Exactly.
    This wasn't a case about accidental tags, he deliberately uploaded other people's profiles (not only mine) as his own to get some internet cookies.
    Should be sorted now and he's gone.
    All good, thanks and goodnight :)

• Exactly.
    This wasn't a case about accidental tags, he deliberately uploaded other people's profiles (not only mine) as his own to get some internet cookies.
    Should be sorted now and he's gone.
    All good, thanks and goodnight :)

I'm afraid he's not gone.

Look here:
    New Whitesnake "Is This Love" rigs!

• I still cant believe someone has tried to pass a profile off as their own which they did not profile. This is so wrong in every way.!!! :cursing: Its abit like the group that was set up and sharing profiles which a few members here got emails about. I'm not a profiler myself never have done one (I might do one day though) but I respect the effort and work in to getting these profiles and for the small amount they charge I cant believe people would do this. Whats worse about this case is the fact that it was a free profile that kemper released as a pack and KB has gone to the effort of pretending its his, very sad :(

• I have actually re-uploaded another's rig, none other than DJEMass with his permission and endorsement. I know ppl can say twist a few dials, but I always have to think of the Kemper as an extremely versatile unit, within a single profile, and I will spend an hour tweaking a single profile multiple ways, with EQ's and OD boosts and such. If there's a profile out there that's someone else's that's going to get me there quicker, I appreciate that. Of course, you should never claim authorship of someone else's profile.

Although I had many personal variations, I purposefully limited myself to upload only 1, so I didn't clutter the rig exchange. I just used MAB to distinguish my variation. That's a far cry from KB.

But how many and which rigs were just complete re-uploads? Were any original?

There's certainly something of ethics involved. I think its kind of silly and odd more than truly damaging. Lasse should certainly be given credit for his awesome work, just like DJEMass, and get the nod in the appropriate tags. If these were commercial profiles, it'd be even worse. Were there any commercial profiles discovered?

Has anyone done analysis of which rigs are original vs. match others?

Should I or someone else build a simple open source program to compare .kipr data to determine the equivalence of amp/cab block information? This is what I do not understand - why isn't there a visible hash of this information in Rig Manager. Then you'd just sort on that and you could see all variations. If the editable parameters are part of those blocks they need to be omitted from the compare, or optional.

• Although I had many personal variations, I purposefully limited myself to upload only 1, so I didn't clutter the rig exchange. I just used MAB to distinguish my variation. That's a far cry from KB.

I agree with Meambobbo : there is no way to share tweaks. I think this is a reason that the kemper FX are under estimated! Take any rigs (free or commercial), add a bunch of fx (eq, chorus, pitch,...) , eventually change the cab, and you can get tottally another sound. Are Many hours of tweaking less valuable than a profiling session. IMO, i do not think so.

Just like others, i have many tweaked profiles that sounds good to me... But i have never profiled something by myself... So there is no way to share what is i think is good tones.

Of course, you can ask the permission to te author (if you can contact him), but i do not think tat andy or pete accept that i post rigs wi part of their stuffs.

This limit is a weakness compared to axe-fx for instance. But i do not have any solution for that, it is far from obvious

• Just like others, i have many tweaked profiles that sounds good to me... But i have never profiled something by myself... So there is no way to share what is i think is good tones.
    Of course, you can ask the permission to te author (if you can contact him), but i do not think tat andy or pete accept that i post rigs wi part of their stuffs.
    This limit is a weakness compared to axe-fx for instance. But i do not have any solution for that, it is far from obvious

Just to tell my way to share Rigs strongly tweaked by me that comes from other Profiles:
    1) when a Rig comes from an original free Profile, I simply can upload on RE or share it putting my name in Rig's Author and leaving the original profilProfile name in the realtive Amp Author tag
    2) when a Rig comes from an original commercial Profile, I found a way for uploading it on RE or share it: put my name in Rig's Author and replacing the original Commercial Amp profile with a "Default Amp" set to OFF where I clearly write in the comment tag all the information needed for the commercial profile to pick up and tweak.

I know, it's a workaround, but it's still clean, no issue at all, and the final scope is reached!

• Oh, don't thank me, thank KB....
    he made it with his pedal and cab sim, I just travelled to the future a year ago and ripped it from him ;)

it works much better in a full mix setting though

i checked it out hes totally copied the track lasse put up plus hes uploading way too many profiles that arent all that good