KB profiles,whats the story?

• Thank you everyone that you enjoy what I have done. Some of the amps I have borrowed from a friend and some I have recorded with some old cheap mics with different placements in the room and then through a mixer. Some of them is believe it or not coming from my Boss GT-10 -> 31 band EQ -> Kemper. It dosen't really matter what gear you use, it how you use them. I always tune the sound be ear, so if the result is good, so. I have a Dime D100E that I will profile with different settings. The Fender is coming from my Fender Mustang IV 2x12 Combo. Some of the profiles are stompboxes and they are going through a small home-made valve preamp and back to the Kemper.

• Thanks for all the cool profiles ... esp the stompboxes!

Just curious on your exact signal path when you profile OD stompboxes. Do you use the TRS 1/4" Kemper return input while profiling? Do you do it very loud, and where do you do most of your gain adjustments to avoid KPA input clipping?

I've tried profiling stompboxes through a clean amp driving a 2x12 and mic'ed with a SM57. I can get a good profile, but would like a louder default volume level without tweaking the volume levels in the amp/cab, etc. I noticed your profiles are loud, even for ODs that are not that high gain. Thanks!

• This is how I had it done: KPA send output -> Stompbox -> My home-made valve amp -> 4x8" cabinet -> mic (not SM57, try a condenser mic instead) -> KPA return. I used the 1/4" TRS jacks.
    You can also test this: KPA send -> Stompbox -> Mixer -> KPA return. The mixer is for, that you can reduce the volume back to the KPA so you can set the volume on the Stompbox as you wish.

• Thank you. I know, you are not the first that have say that. I think a lot of people that hear a guitar sound and want to sound exactly like that, but when you hear guitar on a record, then they have put about 6-8 guitars on that track. Even more sad is that a lot of guitarists want to play exactly like famous guitarists, but I think it's better to learn some riff and play it like you want. It's the same with guitar sounds.

• I'm glad that you enjoy that profile. I have some more, but they are not finished yet, I haven't do the finish work of them yet, I will post them as soon they are finished.
    I will also profile my Dime D100E amp later also. That amp I haven't seen profiled yet.

• Great ! Did you use a MD421 for the IIc+ ? Don't hesitate to share the IIc+ raw profiles if you want ! I have a rough idea of how to tweak them ;)

I saw you used similar amp and cab parameters settings as my own profiles. I like how these settings make the tone more alive. Your opinion ?

• No for that I used a Sennheiser e606 and.approx 3 meters behind the mic, I placed a screen to get a little room characsteric.
    About the parameters it's just a coincidence that they turn up like they did. But now I have found some other settings that will make the amp sound even better, more open.
    Many people are using this amp with lot of gain to get the heavy sound, but if you really want this amp to have more bite, you should make it so that you get Power amp distortion.

• No for that I used a Sennheiser e606 and.approx 3 meters behind the mic, I placed a screen to get a little room characsteric.
    About the parameters it's just a coincidence that they turn up like they did. But now I have found some other settings that will make the amp sound even better, more open.
    Many people are using this amp with lot of gain to get the heavy sound, but if you really want this amp to have more bite, you should make it so that you get Power amp distortion.

Very interesting. Thanks for the info, it is just because in the tag of the profile, you mentioned a Md421 as mic. I also have a MarkIIc+ and i totally agree about power amp distortion

• Hey DrBertson,

May I ask your help ?I fail to get this particular IIc+ tone during profiling. do you think you could achieve it ?

This is basically the amp tone taken by a camera mic but it sounds awesome to me. I can come close but It still lack something...

http://youtu.be/aThmW2p95gs

Thanx

Djemass

• Hello Djemass!

Yes the guitar sound in the Youtube clip is sounding good. I don't know if some pedal is put infront of the amp, the video don't show that. I have heard alot of movies on Youtube and if you try to capture that, for the most time it sounds not the same. The reason for that, could be several things.

Back to the guitar sound. I think it sounds almost what Petrucci had in the beginning, but with a EQ setting infront of the amp, it sounds like there is glass deep in the sound and a pipe of metal.
    I think you can achive this with Kemper. Choose a Petrucci profile from what he had in the beginning and then put a Booster before the Amp block and the turn the tone up in the Booster and turn down the Gain of the Amp block. I will see if I can capture that sound from the movie.

Soon I will upload some new profiles. This time they comes from a hand-made Mesa Boogie Mark V pedal!. I built this for about one year ago after the electrical drawings from Mesa Boogie. After this I put a hand-made speaker simulator that emulates a Mesa Boogie 4x12 Cabinet. I will tweak this profiles a little bit more.

I was going to make some more Mark IIC+ profiles, but my vacuum tubes in the preamp is broken, so I have to get some new first.

• Hey there Dr B. I wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post your profiles. They are awesome.

Also, I think one of them has an incorrect tag for the author. They all have KB, except the Hammett Clean. That one has MillA as the author name. Not a big deal, but thought if people were looking to download your rigs they may miss that one if they search on author tag.

Thanks again!

• Hey there Dr B. I wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post your profiles. They are awesome.

Also, I think one of them has an incorrect tag for the author. They all have KB, except the Hammett Clean. That one has MillA as the author name. Not a big deal, but thought if people were looking to download your rigs they may miss that one if they search on author tag.

Thanks again!

Great thank you !! ;) I will also try to make new profiles of my IIC+ to get this tone