My first song done with KPA

• Hi guys,

after many years of only recording my ideas and forgetting about them I finally succeeded with recording something which could be called a song. :)
    And I will be more than happy to hear some feedback to learn from it.

Guitars are recorded with Strat with KPA, bass is also recorded with KPA, drums are EZ drummer played on Korg PadKontrol (I am not a drummer :( ).
    Thank you!

Link: https://soundcloud.com/peto_911/first-track

• excellent man, it reminds me a bit blue cheer , Fleetwood Mac and other 60's/70's bands ( espacially in the break ) . Very cool 1st track !

Some people complain about the lacks of real good strat tones on KPA , this is clearly a good example of great tone, love the lead & rhythm tones as well as the ideas.

• Waraba thank you for your time, I had my Japan strat long before KPA, and it wasn't even my No.3 guitar. After I bought KPA, I am playing 99% that strat and my Tele and only 1% the rest, which are 3 Ibanezes. I don't know why but, with KPA these two Fenders do have soul, tone and character, but Ibanezes feel to me like dead pieces of wood.

• Nice work, reminds me of Andy Timmons, which is a good thing.

What profile were you using for the strat sounds?

Thanks
    Sean

Sean, thank you.
    Main sound is Top Jimi TJ-68 SuperLead 11 and for the melody at the end I used Boogie MARKIIC+ new from Djemass.

• these two Fenders do have soul, tone and character, but Ibanezes feel to me like dead pieces of wood

can't agree more :) all those metal guitars are made without the soul of their ancestors, same story with the amps , once the rectifiers were on the market I wasn't interested anymore by amps, the tones are way too compressed and one can not really /play hear the subtle nuances achieved on single coils. As I already said hi gain amps went to their pinnacle with the mark IIc+ I never liked the next generations and the 7&8 strings tones.

I've heard good things about japanese fenders, yours sounds totally fenderish to me. It's not complicated : a good neck , good body , quality hardware and a few alnico single coils et voilà ! I also love the vibe of my strat that I use it on all my recordings ( I've done more that 40 tracks with this humble classic vibe squier ), she is so transparent , warm , soulful and stacks up so well on multi tracking.

The KPA helped me to choose the guitars I want to keep, and it's a real slaugther : 94 US strat (sold ) , a 90's jackson , 80's Ibanez artist , variax and even a 1970 Gibson Custom LesPaul are sleeping in their coffin for so long and will eventually be sold... I keep the the classic vibe tele and strat , the 80's jazzbox and a 250 € Lespaul copy with 50's specs, I'm ready for the next 30 years :)

There is something magic with those classic guitars , they shine in their own registry while being so polyvalent amongst lots of music styles . The KPA is the perfect matching amp as you'll always find the rigs that are tailored for them as classic setups : strat & tele on fenders amps , LesPaul on marshall, you can't go wrong.

• Hi Bro ;) , I have listened to your song several times.. I like the sounds you choose, the riffs and melodic lines.. veeeery nice song.. especially I like the part from 04:00 till the end.. sound in the second solo is killer!! ..to my ears.. :) the only thing: to my taste is a bit too long.. I would do the first part (till 04:00) a bit shorter.. but you are not me.. like it! :thumbup:

• Yeah, great stuff man really nice playing and phrasing, I'm enjoying this a lot so thanks for sharing! Also big congratulations on completing your first full track!