Built in spectrum analyzer

• I guess that for an effective tone matching more bands would be necessary.
    Wouldn't it be simpler and more practical to use a dedicated program on a computer? This is not something you'd need to do on stage anyway...

:)

• Don't know if more bands would be necessary because of the frequency range covered by guitar amp

Anyway, some tones seem thin or too pronounced on certain frequencies and it's not that easy to spot them (at least for me).. on stage of course it doesn't make any sense, but when you're browsing rig at home if think the spectrum analyzer would be useful to correct your tone "on the fly", avoiding connecting the kemper to the computer.

Just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

• Got it.

But unless you apply the same analisys to the recorded sound, you'll never be able to realize what's "missing" in your tone; so you'd need a computer anyway, and you'd need access to the isolated guitar tracks.
    Apart from the fact that there could also be excess of some freqs and not only a lack in your sound (in the comparison I mean), a good timbre is not necessarily "full" of freqs. If this was true, all the guitars in records would sound the same.

You might benefit experiencing with the EQs in the Profiler, understanding what each control does on the sound (if you aren't aware of how a parametric eq works, grabbing some theory would greatly help IMO).
    But be aware that with just an EQ, as good as it might be, you'll never be able to faithfully turn a guitar sound into another, unless they have a strong common base

HTH

• It would also be a good idea to display the frequency response curves of for the Metal and Studio EQs. A simple line drawing with some marks in Hz should suffice (at least to get a better grasp of what bandwith are we using, the coupling with the other eq bands, etc...