Guitar Preset

• Hi, in another thread I mentioned that it would be cool to have an input eq - like we have an output eq - to adapt the sound of different pickups (or, guitars) to the profiles in the profiler. Not so much to have them all sound the same, but somehow to avoid changing guitar and having profiles respond in completely different way.

Now, specifically the story was that I have DiMarzio Evolution on one guitar, and had now Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentient installed in another one.
    The SDs seem to have less gain, more bass and mids, less high end, more body and less attack than the DiMarzio's. It really didn't go well with the profiles I had in there!
    While I thought eq'ing the pickup would help best, I actually achieved the result by:
    - boosting the distortion sense
    - cutting low end and mids
    - boosting high end and presence
    - adding a bit of pick
    So, what I mean to say, is that it took a bit of tweaking to make it sound optimal.

But here is the idea: we can save preset for rigs, effects, whatever...but why couldn't we save "global offsets presets" to fit the guitar we are currently using?
    That is, if by entering in the input menu that I am using the guitar with SDs, have automatically the above modifications made?
    I mean, wouldn't that be supercool?!?!
    Please please please pretty please :love: :love: :love:

• You can already save input- and output-presets! The only thing you've mentioned, which is not a global setting, is the pick parameter.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• You can already save input- and output-presets! The only thing you've mentioned, which is not a global setting, is the pick parameter.

No, wait: only distortion sense is in part of the input-output sections! The eq controls refer to the amp's eq section, not the output section (and of course eq'ing the output would have a very very different effect).
    And of course you can save eq too as preset, but that's not the point: in my proposal what we save are parameters' offsets, and these offset are automatically applied to whichever rig when using a particular global preset.
    For instance, say my rigs are optimized for guitar A, then I want to use guitar B which has boomier bass. In order to minimize tweaking rigs to fit guitar B, and possibly even saving new copies of the rigs, I can save "global offset preset" where amp's lows are set to -2 dB; then, when I select the preset for playing with guitar B, every rig's amp eq has lows cut by 2 dBs.
    Of course I have no insight on how the code is structured, but I would expect such a feature not to be hard to implement; just long (because most likely variables are scattered around). Still, IMO, it would be killer!

• Ok, now I understand better. But: An offset of -2 dB on the amp's bass control might be good for one amp but bad for another amp. I still think it's way more handy to save input- and output presets for the guitars you use, although I know that EQ in the amp section is different to EQ in the output section.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Ok, now I understand better. But: An offset of -2 dB on the amp's bass control might be good for one amp but bad for another amp. I still think it's way more handy to save input- and output presets for the guitars you use, although I know that EQ in the amp section is different to EQ in the output section.

Meh, for sure I don't find it more handy. But I guess this won't be implemented - any time soon if ever - so I probably better roll up my sleeves and do a lot of editing. If I am not wrong I can specify the guitar in the rig and then filter search results (hopefully)