Unread posts since last login - not correct

• I was on holiday from 8/11 to 8/18 and not logged in during this time. As I've noticed now, there are lots of posts and even entire threads created past 8/11 that are not marked as unread (displayed in bold characters). Anyone else who noticed this? Is it me or a forum bug?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

Edited 2 times, last by Kempermaniac ().

• Indeed. Normally I use the link "Show posts since last login" (or similar, can't remember the exact term). So I did today. I had a break of about an hour, but I was not logged out during this time. "Show posts since last login" now was an invalid page to which I couldn't turn back. No problem, I thought, and moved over to the forum overview as I knew that unread threads and unread posts in former visited threads are displayed in bold characters. But it turned out that this wasn't true for all unread threads.

• Besides that: How do you guys cope with this massive amount of posts and threads? I am now reading for about 12 hours (yesterday 6, today 6), trying to not miss anything. I guess I will never make holidays again... :S

• ROTFL

When I was working on the wiKPA I read by default every and each post. But while I was busy quoting them in the wiKPA, Ingolf was answering on the forum... That's why he's got almost 1,000 more posts than me LOL

Now that I retired, I only load a thread if its title sounds somehow interesting to me, or in order to greet a newcomer
    :)

• Now that I retired, I only load a thread if its title sounds somehow interesting to me, or in order to greet a newcomer

Sure? My impression is that we can read your (and Ingolf's) posts in nearly all threads. Wondering about when you work, sleep, make music or sex, care about your family, play guitar... 8)

• Sure? My impression is that we can read your (and Ingolf's) posts in nearly all threads. Wondering about when you work, sleep, make music or sex, care about your family, play guitar... 8)

Haha... :)
    I still manage to keep up with my busy day job in my practice, have a great relationship with my beautiful wife, rehearse regularly with the boys in my band, even have written 8 great songs this year.

It's all about the exercise, Stephan! ;)

Well, the truth is that to me reading this forum is kind of relaxing and activating at the same time. I read posts, try to contribute, and sometimes only goof around in good fun.

To keep up to date, buy an IPad with a Sim card and you can keep up during holidays... ;)

• Sure? My impression is that we can read your (and Ingolf's) posts in nearly all threads. Wondering about when you work, sleep, make music or sex, care about your family, play guitar... 8)

LOL

Seconding Ingolf's answer to this.

You'll find lots of threads where I did not take part. I myself can see a number of them in bold on my browser :)
    Chances are you read/take part in the same threads as me :D